PDA

View Full Version : support group hayes middx/hypnotherapy

nicky mccallum
06-05-06, 20:34
i am starting a support groupin the hayes middlesexarea and would like to hear from anyone who is interested in joining this will be an informal event held once a month were people can meet ,chat and offer support to each other,aswell as the support group i will be offering hypnotherapy/psychotherapy to whoever is interested ,i am a qualifued hypnopsychotherapist,though please note these therapies are optional,the main thread of the meetings are to offer support to each other[[^]^]

looking for volunteers suffering with ocd who would like treatment with hypnosis and cbt therapy,i am registered with nrhp and mnch

Dylansmum
14-05-06, 08:30
Hi Nicky

I have just started a course of analytical hypnotherapy (I have had 2 sessions so far) and am just desperately worried that it isn't going to work as it seems my only hope of ever having a normal life. There doesn't seem to be any reason why it wouldn't work and my therapist seems to think it is going ok, it is just my own worry, I can't stop thinking about it and am constantly suicidal.

My problem is a form of social anxiety. I am frightened of eating infront of people, worried that they will laugh at what I am eating or think it is strange, i get really embarassed. I am also frightened of certain foods. This makes me worry even more because I think 'what if people want to go and eat somewhere where I don't like the food'. I would be so ashamed that I didn't like it and even when I do like the food I panic and I can't swallow anything. I can't have a relationship or go on holiday because I worry about food so much. I am ashamed and worried because I think the foods I eat are somehow 'wrong' even though deep down I know I just eat normal stuff. I think I should be more adventurous in my tastes. I can't even think what it is normal to eat or what other people eat!! I really feel like I am going mad. I am desperate and suicidal as I just want to be normal and live a normal life.

Please tell me if you think analytical hypnotherapy will help me. As I say, I have had 2 sessions so far and my therapist says my free association is good. I just worry that there will be something about me that stops it working or that I won't be able to do it. I haven't been to work since Christmas, I have had to leave my house and go and live with my mum and I really just want to be dead.

Please can someone give me some feedback. Am I completely alone, I find it hard to believe there may be other people in the world who have some of the same feelings as me.

Sarah x