PDA

View Full Version : Numb middle finger??

leanne1980
08-08-11, 20:49
Hey everyone, excuse this post if it has mistakes I'm using my phone anyway just wondering If anyone has ever has a numbish middle finger, just part of it not the whole thing, it started couple of days ago, I have been feeling quite anxious as a close friend of my brothers was killed last week in a terrible accident, it started with what felt like 5 people sticking pins in my arms and legs at the same time, then my finger went funny, i've got upset stomach to and I'm feeling my anxiety start, I'm constantly feeling my finger, to the point I feel I'm making it swollen, it's not but I'm so aware of it. To be honest I don't know what I'm worring about ie what it is, I'm just worring, my mind is playing games. X
leanne x

Gemma T
08-08-11, 22:26
Theres nothing wrong with you. Its that friendly anxiety we cant seem to escape.

Im no doctor or therapist but maybe its something you have done to cope with your loss.

When im depressed about things i shift my focus to my health. Seems were both guilty of that.

Your not alone x x x

oldtime
09-08-11, 10:19
I think this may be due to muscle tightness in your shoulder and kneck, this puts pressure on the nerves that run down your arm and cause the numbness in your fingers.

bluetopazgirl
09-08-11, 10:34
Im not doctor or healthcare worker, but i remember a few months back i had a really bad bout of HA and was always tense n i woke up one morning with stiff shoulder and the following day i had the pain like your experiencing, once i calmed down it went. could it be your focusing on this? as always for piece of mind seek a gp if its really worrying you xx

leanne1980
09-08-11, 15:37
Thanks everyone , it's been a bit better today, well I've not touched it as much , really appriciate you taking the time to reply xx