PDA

View Full Version : Would I be a different person without my anxiety?

ConfusedByLife
06-05-06, 20:40
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is yes, which begs the question do you think you would be a better person without anxiety, or would you lose something in your personality, the compassion, empathy and determination sufferers have, demonstrated by the friendly nature of people in this forum. I dearly would love to be free of all my anxiety but in anxious people I see qualities which I admire and see some of these qualities in myself. Although I see this level of anxiety overall tobe a bad thing It is clear that it makes us into people we would not be if it were not part of us.

Trish
06-05-06, 21:04
Hi

I have had this thought so many times, and its good to know that someone else has too. I have no answers...but i agree with everything you say.

Trishx

kate
07-05-06, 09:06
My feelings are that we can still retain the "good" parts of our personalities even without the anxiety. There are good, kind people out there that have never suffered and sufferers that have not got the nice traits!

Sufferers are sooooo wanting people to like them that the "nice" personalities are sometimes totally false. In the past I have been treated like a doormat as I wouldn't ever say no to anyone for fear that they would think lesser of me.

Personally, I would much rather be free of all the anxiety/depression and be not such a nice person living a full and happy life!

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

jackie
07-05-06, 09:50
no i dont think you loose it. if you are a good person your a good person. i for one feel that if i got better memory of this thing alone will keep my empathy with others who are going through it

i know id desperately love to test it out anyway for id love to be living without it

jackie