PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

notright
09-08-11, 03:25
Hi all. I have always had a bit of an issue with worrying but things became really bad when my husband at a young age had to have heart surgery. I had two small children at the time and it freaked me out. Then, he recently had to have open heart surgery again - a shock for us all. I basically went to pieces but held it all in because of our 3 children. I constantly worry about death, him dying I even think of scenarios of funerals! This has been getting worse for about a year and I finally plucked up the courage and emailed him as I couldn't speak to him face to face as I felt stupid. He was shocked to say the least. We have talked which has made things a bit better. I feel I am constantly anxious though and find myself pushing him away because Im worried that if I get close I could loose everything if anything happens. I havent been to the doctors and dont want to go down the track of pills and stuff. I am very unhappy in myself as Im quite over weight but I think the anxiety feeds that as well. Sighhhh.

diane07
09-08-11, 03:26
Hi notright

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

M155anthr0p3
09-08-11, 15:33
Hi notright,

Well for a start you have come to the right place! We're all in the same boat here.
I do suggest that you go & speak to your doctor though. I am not saying you need meds as they don't suit everyone but it would best to have a check up first off.

Emily xxx

venusbluejeans
10-08-11, 15:42
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: