PDA

View Full Version : Loxalate - generic escitalopram

Dimmy1971
09-08-11, 07:41
Hi everyone,
I have been recently diagnosed with GAD via psychologist and this morning i took my first tablet 10mg of Loxalate - the generic for Lexapro here in australia.
Already feeling like tired and urgghhh. I think i might have to start taking them at night?
How long does the side effects take to settle down after i have been taking them for a while. What are peoples experiences on them???
Have a great day:)

Dimmy1971
10-08-11, 08:24
Second day on the Loxalate. I dont feel as tired as i will be taking the next one tonight about an hour before i go to bed. I felt a little bit urgh today and sorted out some stuff financially for my time off from work. I am having the next month off work to allow the meds to settle. I had efexor last year for depression and it made me that sick etc that i weaned myself off it within two weeks. Lets see how i go.

Anxious-in-Canada
10-08-11, 13:12
Hi Dimmy,

It will take a bit of time, maybe a few weeks...but you will be through it in no time. Taking the time off work is a good thing too. Rest and relax, treat yourself while off it will help with the progress.

Take care

Dimmy1971
11-08-11, 09:55
Thanks for that Anxious- in - Canada.. Yeah i feel if i don't get a hold of this now and deal with this, who knows what could happen. I know that i may feel worst before i get better on the meds. I have just started seeing a psychologist so hopefully this will help along with the meds to get back to some sort life. Part of me still cant keep still, so i have to force myself to keep calm and relaxed. Again thanks

Anxious-in-Canada
11-08-11, 12:41
Looking back I know exactly how you are feeling. It is so easy to think this is the best it will be BUT that is not the truth!

Gradually (at least my experience) these meds will bring you around, it just takes time. Remember that to an anxious mind a mere minute seems like an eternity...

Yes talk to a professional, try relaxation techniques, get exercise (this really does help, and it could be simple as a 30 minute walk out doors), try some deep breathing, talk to friends and family. I found forcing myself to do the things I normally enjoyed also worked wonders...

Hang in there, you be through it before you know it.

smb25
14-08-11, 22:47
Hi Dimmy,

Welcome to the world of recovery! you will get there, it takes time. I managed to go back to work after about 5 weeks so a month off seems a very reasonable idea! Try and make sure you can keep yourself occupied, try and go for a walk everyday, its hard but it really does help.

All my family are from Oz, mostly in Victoria (Hastings) though some in Queensland. Beautiful country, I have been lucky enough to visit.

Best wishes, and keep up your good works so far!
x