PDA

View Full Version : Random episodes of terror/being scared

MidnightCalm
09-08-11, 11:51
Does anybody else get this, you just suddenly feel really scared? For me it can make me frozen or make me not know what to do with myself, my whole body goes odd and I just feel like I'm not a part of my body or like my body isn't really under my control. I don't know what I'm scared of but it's horrible.
I don't know what to do to not be scared I have to just ride it out, I usually have a few drinks but it turned into have them even before breakfast so I'm trying to just quit.
:unsure:

ankietyjoe
09-08-11, 13:09
Yeah, that's a common occurence for me.

Drinking is really not the answer, and in fact will ultimately make things worst.

Riding it out is the best thing to do, and try as best as you can to remain calm despite the fear you're feeling.

MidnightCalm
09-08-11, 13:44
At the moment I am having it all day it's hard to escape for long enough to try and fight it.
Thank you for your reply :)

MidnightCalm
10-08-11, 11:22
I keep getting it in the middle of the night and waking up with it :unsure:
I think I'm scared of my next massive anxious episode (which happens a lot daily), scared that I have all day symptoms, scared it's something major, scared I can only get worse, scared I will never get better so even when I'm not scared about specifically something my body is still scared ;/

snowwhite
13-08-11, 17:29
Yes, I also get this ..... I take xanax, however. (when needed) ... I can be fine one minute, then POW, it hits! It is especially BAD when I first wake up in the morning!
Terror is a good word, because it really does describe the feeling....it's more than just "scared".....it's terror! WEll, know that you are not alone in this!

nigel-
13-08-11, 18:03
yea I used to have this were I would jump out of bed at 2 in the morning scared for no reason what so ever...never did find out why that happens. that sead I have not done it for a while.