PDA

View Full Version : poorly please advise

kinnygirl1
09-08-11, 13:08
Hi

Have come down with a horrid bug yesterday. Acheing all over, very dizzy and feverish. As you know my HA is mainly about my heart which has been pounding since I came down with this. Does any one know is it normal for your heart to beat really fast when you are fighting infection? I feel rotten and husband is away on business so I am really frightened.

THanks

Kinnygirl x

kinnygirl1
09-08-11, 19:29
guys, it's really scary when no one replies! do you all know something I don't???

x

nigel-
09-08-11, 19:33
I'd say so I have had the flue and my hart was beating ten to the dosen, and that was scary,
but i'm still alive to tell the tale. when your run down you feel allsorts of scary things...

I still have to work out why I keep waking up with a fast beating hart.

kinnygirl1
09-08-11, 19:44
thanks Nigel. I am sure I remember this feeling from when I had a flu bug before but somehow my HA and hubby being away is making me more anxious about it. I have an 8 year old daughter and when I am the sole carer I panic more that something will happen to me and she will have to deal with it.

I have often woken with a racing heart too. Mentioned to GP and he said... "Just anxiety". DOesn't feel like that though does it?

Kinnygirl x

nigel-
13-08-11, 18:27
thanks Nigel. I am sure I remember this feeling from when I had a flu bug before but somehow my HA and hubby being away is making me more anxious about it. I have an 8 year old daughter and when I am the sole carer I panic more that something will happen to me and she will have to deal with it.

I have often woken with a racing heart too. Mentioned to GP and he said... "Just anxiety". DOesn't feel like that though does it?

Kinnygirl x

yea I know its odd, I don't think ill find out why it happens but for as long as I'm not in any pain ill be happy...so far so good.

but yea its a scary thing to have.

pablo22
13-08-11, 18:42
ye your heart can race when ur fighting off infection, i have HA on my heart too atm, so scary sometimes:)

s11fyx
13-08-11, 18:48
yeh its completley normal for your heart rate to increase when you not well just try and rest as much as possible have film days with you daughter x

kinnygirl1
14-08-11, 13:00
Thanks all for your replies - Starting to get over my cold but heart is still doing it's fluttery thing which is troubling. Am hoping that this is just due to the anxiety I felt when heart was racing earlier in the week.

Sorry for going on about this - will I ever be "normal" again????