PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...Panic and Eating

Richard25
09-08-11, 20:40
Hi all,

My panic disorder and general anxiety have been in full swing lately, after being ok for a year or so. I know that there are several stressors in my life right now that are contributing, so I know why it's happening, but it's still happening.

The worst seems to be right after I eat...As soon as I eat, no matter how much or how little, the panic sets in hard. For a good hour or so I feel week, sick, dizzy and on the edge of a full blown attack...Does anyone else experience this???

Thanks..

nigel-
09-08-11, 20:58
this is not something I have herd before but than again when you have anxiety you can feel all sorts of scary things going off, its crazy, but as i have sead before NO one has ever died from a panic attack.

when it happens let it happen dont resist as this just makes it worse. sit in a quite place and take slow deep breaths, remember this is just a panic attack not life threatening.

mjh74
10-08-11, 10:34
Hi Richard,

You're not alone... I suffer from emetophobia (fear of vomitting), it's not always really bad but quite often, after I've eaten (especially if I'm quite full), my heart rate speeds up and I feel a level of panic until I start to feel more comfortable. Of course panicking makes you generate more stomach acid and makes you feel fuller and nauseous. I just ride it out and in an hour or so I start to calm down. I also take something like rennie to help with the excess acid I've generated, I find this helps a lot.

Mark

MidnightCalm
10-08-11, 12:48
I get immediate anxiety feelings after eating for no reason, I'm not even worried it's like the food triggers it!