PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping

Samantha
06-04-04, 17:31
I wasnt sure where to put this, but this has been on my mind for a while now. I keep getting disturbing dreams it started about a month ago when i just had one the following day i felt tense, anxious ehensive all day in case what i had dreamed did come true in the night. I went to sleep woke up and things were fine, until this started happening once a week. Different disturbing dreams thaty caused the same feelings and nowe theyre happening ever other night. I know that they are dreams and that its likely its just t6hings that may be on my mind but they are extremly vivid and often in places like my house and it is exactly how it would be during the day, so when i wake up until i see the people who are in these dreams or i am able to gain a clear head i cant seperate the subconscious from the conscious, making me think that these things have happend or will happen and that it will be my fault.

I have tried listening to a chillout tape before bed, relaxing etc, but they keep occuring and then i cant shake it from my mind.

I dont know wot to do, does anyone else experience the same?

Sam

Positive thinking is the key to success!

red
07-04-04, 08:58
Hiya Sam
I can relate to what you are saying as I am a vivid dreamer and can sometimes take my dream 'over' to reality. Some of them have been pleasant ans some not so pleasant.

The ones about sex are brill!!! But when I see the person with whom I have been cavorting with the next day, it really is embarrasing and feels like I have really been up to mschief with them!!

On the other hand, like last night, I was diagnosed with a heart complaint and was due to go to surgery for open heart surgery - by the man who does the abdomen operations on Holby - you know the black guy - when my husband and the alarm woke me up. During the first half hour or so when I was awake, I really thought I had to go and have the op!!! It really does feel real to me and I used to feel that this could really happen. They never do and never will - but the fear still feels real.

This only happens occasionaly now as I got used to it trying to 'dupe' me. When it does strike again like last night I ues one of my NLP tricks and ask my subconsious mind - before I drift off to sleep - to let me know what I need to do to stop this happening, which I will do tonight. I usually get the answer in a dream (a nice one). Sounds daft? It does but it works!

Another thing - trying to shake it off is bringing it to your attention - don't give it the time of day - I have another tip that you might want to hear too - mail me and I'll gladly let you have it!

Good luck

Red
x