PDA

View Full Version : Riots in Manchester

sarah_85
10-08-11, 00:05
Just needed to share how scared i am :( was at the gym tonight doing yoga following a very anxious day anyway (owing to deadline stress and health anxiety). in the middle of yoga the gym manager came in and said he had to close the gym cause of what was going on in the city centre. i live in the centre. goodness me, i was so worried i felt like i was gonna have a panic attack. just feel like world has gone absolutely mad.
luckily i am now at my friend's place, but stil in the centre of town. watching the news all night and i just cant believe what's happening. i know everyone is shocked but i just cant seem to cope like other people. i am a nervous wreck. my other half has been in nottingham tonight at the football n is on his way back but i am petrified for his welfare too. i dunno if i feel like this because of my anxiety or if this is a generally dangerous situation. i just have visions of my home being burnt down with us inside it.
why oh why must people behave this way? what does it achieve? one of the reasons i hate anxiety so much is how it prevents you from functioning like a normal person.everthing seems to be such a massive deal for me.
my heart just breaks for this country and i feel full of anxiety, fear and dispair.
i hope everyone is staying safe tonight. such a frightening world out there. xxxx

crystal17
10-08-11, 00:14
Hi Sarah I'm very frightened as well, I'm in Birmingham and there are things happening all around and where my dad lives. Ive been watching the news all night and my anxiety has been sky-high, then suddenly while watching the power went off! No electricity and internet and phone lines went off too. My 8 year old boy who was just settling to sleep panicked as some alarms went off outside and I had to do my best to stay calm for him while inside my heart was racing, I couldnt breathe and was having a full on panic attack.
Luckily my partner is here and much more able to handle this kind of thing!

It came back on after an hour but our whole neighbourhood was in darkness and I was convinced it was the rioters doing and they were on their way to come and do something.

I know what you mean, it is mindless and pathetic and I dont know why these idiots are doing it :(

Just make sure you're around people and try and be aware of all that is around you...you have to just try to believe it will all be ok, you are not alone in your fears xx

lior
10-08-11, 00:22
You are certainly not alone, I reckon just about everyone living in a city is panicking now, regardless of if they're used to anxiety or not. In this case, anxiety is rational. This is something worth worrying about.

Stay safe, that's the most important thing. Make sure your locks are working and you have baseball bats around!

Anxious_gal
10-08-11, 01:09
I feel anxious for you,
If you live in a flat above any shops, maybe plan a bit in advancebin case you have to leave.
I saw pics of people jumping out of windows and it brokeu heart, it's awful to see people turning on their own people, they have morals or values.
Robbing is one thing bur setting fire to people's homes is evil.
I heard they are sending the army in so hope that will help.
I hate feeling vurnerable and scared and helpless , being on super high alert,
Try your best to get some sleep.
X

dabrucru
10-08-11, 09:38
in the begining of october me and my wife are coming to london, hope everything will be fine....

haynsey
10-08-11, 14:48
The police need to take control of the situation, the probs with the police is that are damned if they do and damned if they don't!!!
The police are scared of upsetting the community with hard rioting tactics, they are scared of using strong force against these rioteers/looters...

debs71
10-08-11, 15:25
Thinking of you all in the North - Birmingham, Manchester, Bolton and other places - who have been affected by this madness. I know it is scary.

Things have settled somewhat here in London but it has been like living on a knife edge with it all, so I truly sympathise with you Sarah.

Lots of love and hugs to all.xxxxx:hugs:

Tyke
13-08-11, 04:57
Personally I feel that when the police have lost control, like they clearly did in London and Manchester for a while, they should send the army straight in. I can't see why there should be no go areas where looters, robbers and arsonists can do whatever they want with the emergency services held back. It's only chance there weren't many more innocent people hurt or killed. I'm not particularly bothered about 'human rights' for rioters. As far as I'm concerned, they gave up their 'rights' when they ceased to be 'human'.

Tyke

Belleblue
13-08-11, 14:18
What has amazed me is that they have put the photographs of these yobs in the papers and on boards in various areas - in the past this would have been considered a violation of their human rights.

For too long now The Forgotten Decent have had to live in a state of seige because because this minority lay claim to their streets and neighbourhoods. And wasn't it heartening to hear David Cameron say that parts of society are quite frankly sick. He's not saying "hug a hoodie" now is he :D Lets hope this is a big wake up call to all the politicians of whatever persuasion.

I'm so furious about the utter senselessness of the death of that 68 year old man in Ealing. He was by all accounts a real gent. What an end and all for remonstrating with yobs who were destroying his street.

Belle x