PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

amethyst
07-05-06, 14:59
Hi Just found this forum and I am so glad I have. I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for about 15 years, not for all 15 years may I add but reckon in this time I have had 3 really bad episodes of anxiety & depression and I'm having a major one now. One of the reasons for this bout is I came off medication (Effexor) after discussion with my doctor. This lasted for about 6 months and I felt okay except for a few withdrawal symptons but I coped . Now after a few major upheavals, moving house, financial problems, relationship problems I'm back on medication and God do I feel awful! I have been taking Effexor now for 6 weeks and though it has taken the 'edge' of my depression I am still anxious and getting terrible physical symptons, nausea, sweating, shaking and am not sleeping very well. I think I am feeling like this as I have been through all this before and keep thinking about the past. I am really trying to feel positive, but it is hard. I also have high blood pressure which I take medication for and this scares me as when I am really stressed my blood pressure soars. After reading posts on this forum I know I am not alone and that is a comfort to me. I am determined to get through this and my aim is to eventually get off medication altogether and start living my life again.

trac67
07-05-06, 15:38
Hi,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
07-05-06, 16:18
A warm welcome aboard to you and hope we can be of some help.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

Daisybun
07-05-06, 16:31
Hi Amethyst, love the name, this site is a God send. You can get advice, reassurance and know that you are not alone. Hope you'll feel better soon

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Piglet
07-05-06, 16:32
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Lindalou64
07-05-06, 17:13
hi amethyst,
i believe i can say for myself that change im not good with and definetly stress and worry brings it all on..once you get settled and things calm down hopefully those feeling will go away i know they will..keep staying positive and it shall pass...best of luck..Linda

Karen
07-05-06, 17:20
Hi amethyst

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

giddy
07-05-06, 21:04
Hi Amethyst - welcome
Love Helen

Alexandra
08-05-06, 10:21
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

feege
09-05-06, 15:15
Hi Amy

Welcome to the Site! Yes, we are a great bunch and you will get loads of support and make friends here!

I look forward to seeing you about on the board.. good luck!

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Lylakwine
09-05-06, 20:31
Hi there Amethyst. I really feel for you hun, I'm so sorry that you feel so bad at the moment, but you will get through it! You have gone through a lot of stressful times recently........just one of them could knock anyone off their feet, so don't be so hard on yourself. I think you are doing REALLY well!! :D

Keep up the good work, and if you ever want to talk, pm me anytime.

Lyla xx

Southern_Belle
10-05-06, 03:38
Welcome to the site Amethyst. What a lot to be going through. I know you will love this site and make many friends.

Bel

KatiePie
11-05-06, 23:41
Hello Amethyst.
Really sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time of it. How have things been in the last few days?
KatiePie

amethyst
12-05-06, 17:54
Hi All
Thanks everybody for your kind replies, as I've said it's good to know that I'm not alone. I went to my doctors today and this is exactly what she said. Talk to people who have the same problems and who understand what you are going through.
Anyway came out of the doctors carrying another relaxation tape. I thought oh well give this one a try. Listened to it and fell asleep for an hour something I haven't been able to do for months. and felt so much better. Also I've been given an appointment to see a physcology student doing a PHD who is working at the surgery for a while. The doctor reckons talking to her might be worthwhile and she may be able to point me in the right direction. I might as well give it a go.
Take care everybody. Amethyst

KatiePie
17-05-06, 18:37
Hi Anethyst
That CD sounds good! Is it one that I can go out and buy somewhere? How are you feeling since your last visit to the doctors?
KatiePie

Paddington
18-05-06, 12:11
hello amethyst,and glad you joined us!Hey that student sound fab,they are sooo keen when they still learning,bet you got a real diamond there,good luck with it all.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

chucklehound
19-05-06, 17:23
Welcome to NMP!