PDA

View Full Version : Holiday in 2 weeks HELP!!!

india
07-05-06, 17:07
Hi all. I am going to Cyprus in 2 weeks (the 24th) and am looking forward to it, but also REALLY worrying. I'm not going to have access to the internet there, and was wondering if any of you kind people would give me any advice/tips etc on coping whilst there. And also the flight! I suffer from panic disorder and also agrophobia, so am scared about being away from home too. I really want to do this and learn from the experience. I went to Spain in Sept and had some quite bad panic attacks whilst there. I am hoping to print this out to refer to whilst there.

All replies really appreciated, Love India xxxxx

feege
07-05-06, 17:20
My advice is keep thinking about how exciting it is and all the lovely things you will get to see and do when you're there. Remember that the majority of what you will feel will be excitement - keep telling yourself that if you feel edgy - it's normal when you're excited!!!

I bet you will feel absolutely fantastic when you get there and love every minute!!!

Have a really wonderful time and be really proud of yourself! xxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

mirry
07-05-06, 18:26
india, take with you a book called "MIND OVER MOOD"
and read it when ever you feel anxious, it is COGNITIVE THERAPY IN A BOOK.
LAST YEAR I WENT TO ITALY AND ALTHOUGH I DID PANIC SOMETIMES I STILL HAD A FANTASTIC TIME - YOU WILL TOO, YOU WILL BE REALLY PROUD OF YOURSELF!

mirryx

india
08-05-06, 10:35
Thanks for the replies i appreciate it xxx

Ammeg
08-05-06, 10:51
hey india
i can soooo relate to you!! dont know if u saw me success story but i got back from cyprus like 2 weeks ago!!! i was terrified but its soooo lovely there!! where are u goin in cyprus???I was so surprised by the journey it went so quick and it was lovely!! cant believe i did it but im actually thinkin of goin back next year!!! I know u can do this!!!!
Ammegxxxx

darkangel
08-05-06, 11:42
Hi india

Not sure if you read my thread but i am just back from a holiday in spain.

Like you i suffer bad panic attacks and GAD. I will give u a few tips that helped me.

1. Start from now to change your thought process - dont think of this trip as a fear but think of it as an adventure - a wonderful journey - an exciting experience.

2. Keep practising your relaxation tapes and breathing exercises.

3. Print off some positive threads from this forum - just reading something from familiar friends will help to know you are not alone.

4. Forget about previous times that you had a panic attack - if you think like this you will get one. And if you do - then so what - you have coped before and you will cope again.

5. And lastly - ENJOY and have FUN.

My short trip to Spain has boosted my confidence so much and yes I still do have anxiety but it doesnt have such a hold on me.

I hope this has helped India

Take care and keep smiling [8D]

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

india
08-05-06, 11:42
Hey, i'm staying in Pathos. Glad you had a good time, i am looking forward to it, and i know that the build up is the worst bit. It's just being away from home i don't like. Having said that, there are loads of places i wanna visit, i just need to control these b****y panics!

Love India xxx

india
08-05-06, 11:43
Thanx Dark Angel, i'm gonna print that out to take with me!!

India xxx