PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

duke246810
10-08-11, 13:28
is it normal when you drink your drink you feel it running down your chest and into your stomach?

and is it normal when you drink you can feel it go through like a chamber in your throat, or you swallow it, then wait a second and hear a funny noise then it runs down your throat?

thanks

nomorepanic
10-08-11, 13:34
Ummm no

bluetopazgirl
10-08-11, 14:26
This is meant in the nicest possible way, but i think your looking for everything to be wrong because of your anxiety, try not to do this , i know its hard but your making yourself worse. When your anxious everything you do in daily life will become a anxious thing, try to overcome it. stay positive. sorry if this sounds in anyway b**chy its not meant to x

s11fyx
10-08-11, 14:49
prob not but i think you need to calm down your only young and i understand you have ha but your feeding it and making it worse you need to get some help from your gp

kinnygirl1
10-08-11, 15:09
I have felt drinks going down sometimes esp if they have been very cold or very hot. It doesn't worry me though. You have lots of nerve endings all over your body so you are bound to be able to feel some things.

Being aware of swallowing is a real sympton of anxiety so think perhaps if you get some advice from your GP for your anxiety it would help with this issue.

Hope that helps

Kinnygirl x

debs71
10-08-11, 15:21
I have had sensations like this when my reflux has flared up, where I can feel whatever I eat or drink moving what appears to be slowly down the oesophagus.

Have you had any issues with gastric reflux before?

It doesn't always exhibit itself with the typical pain/burning symptoms.

Whatever the case, as others have already said, it does sound like heightened anxiety may be playing a part hun.

I'm sure things are ok and will settle.xx:bighug1:

duke246810
10-08-11, 15:23
Every single time i drink a drink i feel it go down, this worries me now because i dont think about it when im drinking, but when i hear the funny noise and feel it go down thats when i think about it, so it cant be my anxiety causing it.

This is really worrying me now.
i get alot of acid, but i get this drinking thing everytime i drink. and its not overly hot or overly cold drinks its normal.

debs71
10-08-11, 15:30
It does sound acid induced to me duke.....

You doubtless know already that excess acid is caused by stress/anxiety so it does still boil down to anxiety as the root cause.

My relux has been back this week after watching and worrying about all the rioting here. I had months without anything and then it is back again.

I would just see how things go if I were you. Try if you can to put it to the back of your mind, as the more you are aware of it, the more you will watch for it, and so the more it will happen.

If things continue then get a second opinion, but I would give it time hun.

Take care.xx:)

Em.ma
10-08-11, 16:15
i agree with debs. you will be okay