PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty explaining symptoms??? anyone feel these??

lindajane1971
10-08-11, 20:16
Hi everyone!
Do you have problems trying to explain what your symptoms feel like?? Im having trouble with this, the sentations i feel i just cant explain how they feel to other people, my doctor must be frustrated with me like - im trying to explain some of mine here , does anyone feel these the same as i do or have a better explination of it???

~the feeling when your face blushes ~ i feel this over my chest, and the sides of my head, also on my legs sometimes - not my face.

i randomly feel like ive suddenly dropped an inch or two, like the ground has fallen down a bit, its very difficult to describe, it can hapen if im standing and if im sitting, on a few occasions ive been sitting on the couch and it suddenly felt like the whole thing has dropped a bit into the floor.

sometimes when im walking along the street it feels like im a inch or two taller than i actually am, or like im floating slightly above the ground as im walking, i also think that im walking to the left all the time instead of straight.

if i take in a deep breath, it makes me feel lightheaded

sometimes if i move my head round fast to look at something, it feels like it takes my eyes a second to catch up with me?

I think i can "feel" my blood circulating round my body/veins, its like a constant slight buzzy sensation that travels round me

lightheadedness that makes me feel like im moving/swaying when im standing still
also
lightheadedness that makes everything look like its moving "swimingly" about, both last a few seconds, but scares the hell out of me so bad when this happens i immediatly burst into tears.

funny heartbeats - like the heart is out of sync and all 4 chambers are trying to get the rhythm going again, lasts a few seconds but very frightening.

anyone feel these things too?? like i describe??

i feel so stupid sometimes when i try to say how i feel :wacko:

Linda

duke246810
10-08-11, 21:17
Hi,

I find it soo hard to explain my symptoms, i have such wierd symptoms aswell, like the feeling of floating and my head moving on it's own lol.
But i think people with Health anxiety understand how you mean as we have all experienced it, but maybe other people won't.

Sorry this wasn't much and it probably didn't help, but just wanted to let you know i feel like this to.

All the best and take care xx

Gemma T
11-08-11, 12:47
I have the same problem explaining my pains and sensations. Im always like its kinds uncomfrotable and sore but not quiet its just there. Always the best i can come up with lol

I know what you saying about the weird floating. Its like a out of body exp or something x x x

oldtime
11-08-11, 13:10
You doctor will understand what you are saying as they will have heard it many times before. They are all anxiety related symptoms mostly caused by slight over breathing or shallow breathing from the chest. Also from hypervigilance.

Shallow breathing occurs when we are anxious we tend to breath in small amounts of air more rapidly. It only needs to be subtle over time it interferes with the alkalanity of our blood giving the light headed, floor falling floatingy type feeling.

Hypervigilance occurs when anxious we are looking for danger our pupils dilate to let in more light, our hearing sharpens, we jump at loud noises and our nervous system is on alert. Our nerves are so fired up we become aware of the blood flowing through our veins, our digestive system, our breathing and our heart beat. We also become more aware of any aches and pains.

Try to accept these weird sensations and not to worry about them, do not give them attention and don't jump to the conclusion that there is anything wrong with you.

The sensations are normal when you are in an anxious state and will very slowly reduce if you can accept them and learn to stop giving them too much attention.

It's tough I needed the help of Citalopram to get me through this and now at last I am starting to feel normal again.

kinnygirl1
11-08-11, 13:24
Yes - often feel like heart and breathing are somehow out of sync as if they need to be "reset" somehow! Wish I did know how. It is hard to explain. You are not alone.

lindajane1971
13-08-11, 01:09
Thank you do much for taking the time to read my post, it's so comforting to me ghat someone else listens and understands. Xxx

Anxious_gal
13-08-11, 01:28
OMG ALL THE TIME! that is what stops me from going to my doctor!!
I think some day I will write them down and show the list to my doctor ....
I think it would good for a doctor to have a full list of your symptoms for reference..
saying that I don't know if I could ever get the courage to do that!

katiep
16-08-11, 22:41
Hi Linda

The dizziness/lightheadedness i suffered exactly how you explained, sometimes i actually felt like i was on a swing when i wasnt, if that makes sense.
I also used to feel like i was walking on a slope as i walked along the pavement and that i was kinda walking to the side

I also got what i would say was hot spot on my body and legs, it feels like a burny sensation on different parts of my body at dif times, the heart thing is something ihave got on at the moment, i hate the feelings that anxiety gives with the heart, i have also had the sensation u have mentioned but also the breathing thing as well, i know its worrying but one day we will all be over this xx
take care x

lindajane1971
16-08-11, 23:58
good to know im not alone xx
thanks guys