PDA

View Full Version : Ear problems or just plain anxiety?

panictomuch
11-08-11, 09:59
So, i mentioned to the 2 different doctors along with my "anxiety" symptoms that my ears click and pop when i swallow and sound like they havve water in them sometimes. One had a look and said nothin obvious. One asled if i get itchin but i dont get that. So they just brushed it off and took no notice. One doctor also said all my symptoms dont match up so it sound like just stress. She also said i seem tense. I was tense because i was in the doctrs thinkin i had a tumor or something!! Ofcourse i was tense!!

Anyway, since then i have notice i get ringing in them and sometimes i feel quite abit of pressure. Not pain but pressure. I also get alot of ear wax but i havnt mentioned that to any doctor.

I dont know what to do because ive been to the doctors so much and they are guna just think 'you again, makin stuff up' that what i feel like everytime i go to the doctors.

I really cant see it bein ano anxiety problem but has anyone experience this??

Ive also had 3 episodes of what seemed like verrtigo (which can be causewd by a ear problem) but it was also like some kind of very pad panic attack!! I dont know whether the 'vertigo' brought on the panic attack though.

Much help appreciated as im losin my mind. Its all i think about. Evryone tells me i need to slow my life down and concentrate on one thing and stop stressin about things that arnt happenin. (Im even terrified and think alot about the world ending - im that bad) i alsways want things done. I dont seem to have patience.

Thank you

JaneC
11-08-11, 10:34
Hi Panic, very hard question to answer. There are some theories that anxiety can lead to ear probs so it's a possibility that is the root of them. I have suffered from vertigo, ear fullness, labyrinthitis (middle ear infection, usually viral but sometimes bacterial) and mild tinnitus. I honestly have no idea if they are related to anxiety or something completely separate.

You really should see the doc again and mention ALL your ear symptoms. I'm sure you don't have anything really serious - just something that's very unpleasant to live with xx