PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

t1300
11-08-11, 16:12
Hello everyone.

This is my first visit to this site. I've just got back froms docs. Upped my Citalopram to 20mg and given me diazepam. (never taken diazepam before).

I'm due to go on holiday on 20th Aug, haven't booked, I'm having trouble with the stress of travelling. My wife doesn't understand and is giving me stress over it. I feel like I'm being backed into a corner. I've been panicking for days and been on anti-depressants for months.

I feel very upset with myself.

nomorepanic
11-08-11, 16:14
Hi t1300

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
11-08-11, 16:22
Welcome along to a great forum, nice to have you with us.:welcome:
Hopefully the increase in the Cit will kick in before your hols. Diazepam is fantastic to relax you and reduce anxiety, take as prescribed, but be carefull with alcohol. Taking 5mg Diazepam enabled me to get on a plane for the first time in ten years, it works.
You know it is highly addictive, so after the hols, go back to your GP and ask for a safe tailored reducing dose.

Is it the travelling, or the holiday (being away from home) that bothers you the most? Its a shame your wife isnt supportive, but for those of us with anxiety etc, this is often the case, but not necessarily the norm. Its not like we can show someone a broken arm, that seems legitimate........still too much stigma towards any type of anxiety/depression etc. I hope you feel better soon and manage to enjoy your holiday.
Best wishes, Paula x:)

t1300
11-08-11, 16:27
Thanks Paula Lynne.

It's the travelling mostly. I'm usually OK once I get there, but am going further than usual (driving to Portugal)

paula lynne
11-08-11, 16:32
All you can really do is plan ahead.......maps, money, car checked, travel essentials etc.........you can only do your best. Plenty of rest stops along the way.

I dont drive, but diazepam can make you feel a bit out of it and sleepy, be careful. I hope your journey is pleasant and stress free. Take care x

venusbluejeans
12-08-11, 00:19
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Solocosmo
12-08-11, 00:40
Welcome! Whoo, you're driving to my country, what city may I ask? :)
Travelling is one of the worst things to me as well, funny how vacations may be so much anxious than work for us, falling out of routine. Planing ahead is the way to go. Check carefully what route your taking so you wont get lost, and also so you know where you can have your next stop! That should help you keep going. Have a nice holliday :D

aileen32
12-08-11, 11:15
I hope you get on ok holidays are meant to be for relaxing, hopefully the diazepam will help you I've never had them before but i hear good things, just try to plan ahead so that hopefully there won't be any surprises, have a great time once you get there, flying is actually something that doesn't bother me but my husband hates it, I've not been abroad for nearly 7 years although thats more through finances than panic.lol. we were thinking of portugal maybe next year so you can let me know if you enjoy it.