PDA

View Full Version : Still worried.

Trevstan
11-08-11, 22:32
I had Colonoscopy done on the 1st of August (so 10 day's ago) and still have stomach pain and back pain.

I had a xray done on the 4th of August and it showed nothing, seen a doctor on the 8th of August and he prescribed me some med's which are not working.

What are the chance's that they could be anything bad with me and that they could have missed something? i.e. a bowel perforation? would i have known by now 10 day's later?

I am going crazy here, so close to going to Out of hour's doctor's or A+E :weep:

nomorepanic
11-08-11, 22:37
Trev

Sorry you are still feeling bad.

I honestly think you would be in an awful lot of pain if they had perforated the bowel.

When I had my Crohn's flareup I had abcesses on my bowel and the bowel was also leaking into my bladder. I was on Morphine as the pain was so bad.

Is the pain different to the pain you had prior to the colonoscopy?

When do you get the results of the biopsies?

countrygirl
11-08-11, 22:51
To be honest if you had a perforated bowel you would by now have peritonitis and be at deaths door.

What can happen is that if you suffer from IBS then the trauma of the prep clear out before the colonscopy can inflame an irritated bowel even more.

ARe you managing to function in everyday life because if you are then its much more likely that the proceedure and prep have just annoyed your bowel - have another chat with your GP.

nomorepanic
11-08-11, 22:56
I agree with countrygirl.

I had to have a drain in my abdomen for 7.5 months draining puss from my abdomen so it didn't poison me.

Trevstan
11-08-11, 23:13
Thank's for the reply's i get so anxious the pain on a scale would be like a 4-5 it's very irratating and can get a bit stabby at time's.

I was in no pain prior to the scope, and the reason i had the scope was due to weight loss,blood and mucus in stool.

The biopsy's should be due back soon but they said they found nothing in my bowel and looked normal.

Yeah i can get out and about if i am busy i can feel the pain but i can get on with stuff.

It's really frustrating because it should have been a routine procedure, i guess if it's not a bowel perf then i am not as worried in a sense and i would have thought that air would have been in my chest cavity's 3 day's after the scope so it would have shown up on the xray?

I alway's think what if they missed something i guess alot of us do but this pain has been so irratating and has worsened over the last few day's!

nomorepanic
12-08-11, 00:09
Hope you feel better soon Trev.

Go to the docs if you are no better tomorrow or then you will have all weekend to worry about it

Trevstan
12-08-11, 02:37
Was just thinking could i have IBS without the pain then since the scope went up it has irratated so bad i am in a flare?

I have never been diagnosed with IBS but my mucus in stool is unexplained so i guess that it's looking like IBS?

sandy40
12-08-11, 07:59
Hi my dad had a perforated bowel which lead to perionitis and they hade to rush him to theatre,you would defo know so please take comfort that its not that.x

Trevstan
12-08-11, 08:49
They actually noticed it there and then or afterwards?

Hope he was ok.

sandy40
12-08-11, 09:02
He was so ill he was in hospital,they had to operate BUT you dont have this as you would not be on No More Panic you would be in so much pain you'd be hospital.Go to your gp for your own peace of mind as i know what its like to worry despite all the reassurance you get on this site but honest a perforated bowel is so painful you would be bed bound.x

Trevstan
12-08-11, 11:43
He was so ill he was in hospital,they had to operate BUT you dont have this as you would not be on No More Panic you would be in so much pain you'd be hospital.Go to your gp for your own peace of mind as i know what its like to worry despite all the reassurance you get on this site but honest a perforated bowel is so painful you would be bed bound.x

Thanks for the reply again, my head tells me that it cant be anything to drastic since its been 11 days, but i over anaylse ever pain.

So how did your dad get a bowel perf? From a Colonoscopy and how fast did the pain hit him?

Sorry for asking many questions but it helps me.

Edit-: Seen the doctor adter having to wait 1hr in the emergency clinic and putting up with some child crying and mother telling her to shut it lol...

Anywho the doctor checked my temp, my stomach with a stetoscope said he could here it gurggling (which i could hear) and checked my stomach with his hands, said he could tell is was a little tender but nothing serious.... Told me its one of 2 things ita either the scope has irratated the lining of my gutts or its to do with the blood and mucus and i got the normal on the results so IBS... Told me not to worry ( yeah right lol)... Hes trying me on some other tablets called mebeverine so hopefully these will work...

So all in all the doc told me what the last one did lol... I need to start trusting me docs more.

Trevstan
13-08-11, 20:35
This pain is driving me crazy and i have seen so many doc's about it yet i still can't believe that it's normal pain from IBS or from my bowel getting back to normal.... Really feeling down now, it's been almost 2 week's.