PDA

View Full Version : Skincare advice

Savannah
11-08-11, 22:35
I'm going to boots tomorrow as my skin is driving me mad. I need to get a new skincare regime. It's hard because I've open pores, shiny t zone and occasuonally large spots on chin but get smaller ones on face at times, aswell as blocked pores. I don't know what to use.

I also want a nice light foundation. The Clinique tonited moisturiser is ok but not oil free so is shiny. I am scared to wear foundation so I wear minimal make up, nothing actually on my skin so it's always so shiny, but I'm scared of causing more cysts on my chin. I am 32 but suffer with cystic acne which can only cause 1 or 2 at a time but they can be very large and painful. I have an antibiotic lotion to apply to the skin from my Gp but they pop up no matter what I do.

I clean my skin well, cleanse and moisturise using Cliniwue anti blemish ranged but no joy.

Any advice?

snowgoose
11-08-11, 22:46
Hi Savannah

feel for you ...........it is so demoralising to have this when you do everything you can in your skin care regime .

clinique is excellent so cant advise anything better myself .........but others may know different brands . Do you use the clarifying lotion .........it seems to slough off dead skin cells very well and cleans the skin for moisturiser.
perhaps you should ask your doc for oral antibiotics like tertacycline to clear any skin bacteria that is causing the spots continually .
my son was troubled for ages with this ......but it went eventually with the topical antibiotic .
take care x

Mirabelle
11-08-11, 22:47
Hi savanna
I think the mineral make up Bare Escentuals is the one for you it is all natural and won't irritate. I have used it for ages and it's great
X