PDA

View Full Version : Have I got OCD?

BasilCat
12-08-11, 12:52
Hi there, I am driving myself crazy counting and measuring things. For example, I watch the needle on the petrol fuel gauge in the car drop all the time. Its like I have to see every time it drops even the tiniest bit, and by doing that, its like its making it "Easier to bear".

I am the same with the milk in the fridge and before I go to bed on a night, I will even take a picture of it so that I can see how far its gone down in the morning.

Or I will count how many Weetabix there are in the packet, or how many sachets of coffee there are, then check them again later. I was horrified the other night when my son had had 8 Weetabix from a packet of 24 so I have hidden them in the oven so he cant find them!

I count everything in the fridge and if I am going out for the day I will take pictures of the inside of the fridge too!

Even the fruit, I will count that and take photos.

Another one is my mobile phone battery! I watch that like a hawk in the same way as I watch my fuel gauge in the car going down.

Anywhere where there are quantities of things, I am counting it all and checking it and keeping my eye on it all the time. Infact its got so bad with the mobile phone that I have thought that perhaps I should do without a mobile phone, then I couldn't study the battery going down. It really does my head in.

Is all this OCD?

Thanks

Basilcat