PDA

View Full Version : I can't eat

lea1992
12-08-11, 12:54
I am really struggling to eat, I eat once a day and its scarin me now! I ate a slice of ham and turkey all day yday I jus can't eat I'm not hungry, and wen I try and eat I get heartburn and flutters in my chest well a weird heavy feelin like I need to burp, I still aint took my meds yet I think I'm just a big let down atm :( xx

ricky87
12-08-11, 13:15
im the opposite in a way. i eat but then like you said i feel like i need to burp and then i make myself sick. i started getting my fingers right down my throat anyway i be back on later. x

lea1992
12-08-11, 14:15
i started doing that at first now i hardly eat at all :( always feel fully and burning all fom my throat chest stomache its horrible :( x

M155anthr0p3
12-08-11, 14:16
Hi lea1992,

Are you feeling really anxious lately? That will stop you feeling hungry. I dropped half a stone in a few days once.
What meds have you been prescribed?

Emily xxx

lea1992
12-08-11, 14:28
Citalopram, only 10mg like but ive been really scared over it :( x

M155anthr0p3
12-08-11, 15:37
It's natural to be scared. I was acred to take Prozac but it was the best thing I ever did. I am getting my life back together slowly. I have my name down for CBT as well as I am aware that meds are not the answer, they just allow me to face the world at the moment.

There is a realy helpful sticky in the Citalopram forum called the Citalopram Survival guide, have a read - I am sure it will put your mind at rest.

Emily xxx

Davinci817
12-08-11, 23:44
Try eating even a tiny bit about 5 times a day even if you don't want to. Avoid the fatty foods though. Instead of meat, have an apple. You might should speak to your Doctor about it, could be some acid reflux on top of your anxiety. O Worth trying the meds you have been given and maybe get some pepcid or something to help when you get these symptoms. Not eating at all isn't good for the GI issues!

eight days a week
13-08-11, 00:17
Try eating even a tiny bit about 5 times a day even if you don't want to. Avoid the fatty foods though. Instead of meat, have an apple. You might should speak to your Doctor about it, could be some acid reflux on top of your anxiety. O Worth trying the meds you have been given and maybe get some pepcid or something to help when you get these symptoms. Not eating at all isn't good for the GI issues!

That sounds like very good advice.

Definitely you have to eat something! The only way to get over this is to start to try to eat more!!

Snacking a little all day is WAY better than not eating enough! If you can't manage full meals right now try small ones more often. Make sure you have breakfast - at least a piece of fruit and some toast or a small bowl of cereal, something that size. When you have a bit of breakfast it makes you feel hungry when you need food later in the day. Have zero breakfast and it messes up your hunger. If you ever feel a little bit hungry have a few mouthfuls of something.

If you can get back to eating, you will feel so much better :)

P.S. Make sure you're getting carbohydrates. Rice is the best, but pasta and bread and potatoes are also really good.

haynsey
13-08-11, 13:42
Hi lea1992,
I to stop eating when i get nervous and my body is overloaded with stress, i think its a natural reaction when your body is stressed too much.....
I always try to eat yoghurt, anything cold like ice cream or fruit to try and regain my appitite.....I also take escitalopram 10mg, it should help you to get better,
Good Luck!!

cromford
13-08-11, 19:02
I too stopped having an appetite. But I made myself eat something every two hours during the day. It is only small amounts but it keeps the blood sugar levels up. Also it is important to drink enough. I too feel burpy and full most of the time. I find sucking a peppermint after eating helps greatly with this.
De

haynsey
13-08-11, 23:42
Hi mint is really good to settle your stomach..