PDA

View Full Version : abundant periods plus irregular bleeding

citygirl
12-08-11, 15:06
I'm 38, I lost a baby ten months ago. Since then my periods have been very heavy, short cycles and I've had irregular bleeding. Three yrs ago had smear (normal) and pelvic scn (normal) but they found an ectropian, when the womb tissue comes out into the cervix a bit, it's not dangerous but it can cause bleeding. Today I started bleeding, 9 days after my period and I'm so scared. I have a smear arranged for 2 wks time and see the doc on monday. I lost a baby months ago, had to give birth and everything, since then my periods ar crazy heavy. Also now proper bleeding like another period 9 days my last one. I'm sooo scared, I'm convinced I have cancer...though I know it'sunlikely I think I do.:scared15:

Davinci817
13-08-11, 01:41
Try not to be afraid. You have been through a lot this past 10 months. You know you have one underlying cause for the extra bleeding but you could also have an imbalance of hormones due to age or from the loss of your pregnancy.

My personal experience with hormones started at least by the time I was 36 and it can do a doozy on your body. It isn't unusual now a days for women our age to start having the early signs of menopause....aka perimenopause. Our progesterone is a lot lower which can bring on anxieties, heavier or more frequent periods, miscarriages etc.

Have you had a hormone panel screen done? Worth speaking to your Doctor about on Monday. It can be a little more difficult in the UK it seems to get tested and or find a Doctor that is willing to even look into it. Keep up with your female health though. They tend to think that because it is natural for this to happen to us that it is also normal and or the same for everyone and it just isn't! Sometimes something as simple as getting on birth control pills can help to get you regular again.

I've been through the ringer with the girly issues. Low progesterone, high testosterone, a cancer scare, a partial hysterectomy and ovarian cysts. If you ever want to chat just shout. Let me know how your appointment goes Monday.