PDA

View Full Version : pressure in head im so scared, cant eat

duke246810
12-08-11, 16:46
Ive had pressure in my head for about 3 days now. And i feel as if its getting worse. I have it at work and everywhere i go, and nothing seems to take my mind off of it. So i don't see how this can be anxiety.
I had a full blood count blood test a while back which came back clear, but this was around 6months ago so im not sure whether that would pick up if there was anything wrong.

I am having a blood test on wednesday next week but thats to test for my liver functions. I find that the feeling in my head feels like immense pressure on the top of my head and it feels like its pulsating and sometimes hurts, but not overly painful. I feel like its getting worse though.

I'm really panicked because its the weekend now, and someone i know went into hospital a few days back with a possible bleed to the brain. And now im convinced ive got that because ive got exactly the same symptoms as she has. She went in after a week of pain, and by the end of the weekend that would have been a week. :(

Im so scared, i really don't want to die. The feeling is like something ive never felt before, Its so so scary and im so scared that something is wrong. Ive been sneezing and coughing and im worried that could have caused a bleed the brain, and ive been very weak aswell, i havn't been able to pick things up etc and very shaky aswell. My vision sometimes goes funny aswell. Im also finding it extremely hard to eat aswell, which never happens to me, I have been feeling especially anxious lately, but these have never been the symptoms ive had before.

Thankyou for reading this,
xx

M155anthr0p3
12-08-11, 16:52
Hi Duke,

I had all of the symptoms you described & I actually felt sick with it. It was on the top of my head & down my temples, felt like my head was going to explode!!! It turned out it was an intense tension headache. I had it for 2 weeks. When I stopped stressing about it, it went away.

I think the fact that someone you know had a bleed on the brain is probably making your symptoms worse. I am exactly the same - any twinge & I think I am going to drop down dead...I cant bear the thought of brain tumours, anneurysms etc etc..I can't even watch Corrie anymore as there's a brain tumour story!! So I do understand how you feel.

If you are really worried you could always try the walk in centres? Not sure if you have one of those by you? But it honestly does sound like the many many horrible symptoms of anxiety.

I hope you feel better.

Emily xxx

s11fyx
12-08-11, 19:12
it will be a tension headache from all the stress

wrap a towel round your neck as a neck surpport
do you have heat rub in the house if you do use it on the base of your head and shoulders it will help them relax
try a warm bath and painkillers to x

Em.ma
12-08-11, 19:22
Hi. you show all signs on this being anxiety- a bleed to the brain doesnt happen without a reason to

duke246810
12-08-11, 19:24
Well i was thinking it was due to me sneezing and coughing really hard as it really hurts my head.

Im not actually getting a headache from it, just occsional mild pain, so im not sure what to do. :(

thankyou xx

Em.ma
12-08-11, 19:28
you need to not worry about it- it IS anxiety causing this and you are going to be OK. i think what triggered the bleed to the brain thought it knowing someone in hospital suspected of one. you are ok.