PDA

View Full Version : Quick advice please????

VickiS
12-08-11, 16:53
Hey everyone

I, like a lot of other people experience headaches on cit, it's usually quite easy to control, however today it is unbelievably painful and feels more like a migraine :(

What painkillers are ok to take??

I have co-codamol, paracetamol and ibuprofen on the house but I'm afraid to take any of them in case they react with the cit

no_name
12-08-11, 16:59
Aspirin is the painkiller you MUST NOT use with citalopram. Paracetamol is OK, i take sometimes Theraflu sachet which contains paracetamol and everything's ok. I can guarantee that for sure!

VickiS
12-08-11, 17:02
Thanks for that, I'm just so scared to take anything but this pains unbearable

no_name
12-08-11, 17:05
Don't worry, i've taken theraflu dozens of times (for the past 8 years during treatment with citalopram). The only painkiller mentioned in the leaflet is the Aspirin and it is adviced that you don't take it along with citalopram because of a higher risk for unusual bleeding (nothing scary).

VickiS
12-08-11, 17:07
I'm going to bite the bullet and take paracetamol lol, I feel like such a child

no_name
12-08-11, 17:13
Hah i have experienced that so many times, whenever i take a medicine i am so worried especially given the fact i suffer from HA. :huh: Very strange for the people around me but i feel it that way...

VickiS
12-08-11, 17:15
Haha same here, I have 2 older children who think I'm nuts lol, they're like "for god sake mum take painkillers, it's only paracetamol" oh not to suffer from anxiety lol

no_name
12-08-11, 17:23
For now stick with the paracetamol, i checked the web thoroughly and it's confirmed 'safe' combination. Don't take Ibuprofen! It turns out that NSAID medicines (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) must not be used with Citalopram as they somehow affect the Platelets' (thrombocytes') function and there is a risk from unusual bleeding. Here are the NSAIDs list:

Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid)
Diflunisal
Salsalate
Ibuprofen
Naproxen
Fenoprofen
Ketoprofen
Flurbiprofen
Oxaprozin
Loxoprofen
Indomethacin
Sulindac
Etodolac
Ketorolac
Diclofenac
Nabumetone
Piroxicam
Meloxicam
Tenoxicam
Droxicam
Lornoxicam
Isoxicam
Mefenamic acid
Meclofenamic acid
Flufenamic acid
Tolfenamic acid
Celecoxib
Rofecoxib
Valdecoxib
Parecoxib
Lumiracoxib
Etoricoxib
Nimesulide
Licofelone

VickiS
12-08-11, 17:57
Thanks for that, I'm going to eat dinner, take paracetamol then go and lie in bed, hopefully that will shift it :)