PDA

View Full Version : i should trust the doctors, right?

longnovember
12-08-11, 16:58
Sorry to keep dwelling on this - it is all my life concerns right now. My mom had a pelvic ultrasound done yesterday after 3 weeks of lower abdominal pain and gas/bowel trouble (all symptoms that Dr. Google points to ovarian cancer). So the doctor called with the results this morning - a small fibroid was all they found. Treatment - watch and see. I was relieved for a minute, but now I am worried that maybe they missed something. They only did the external ultrasound, not the internal type women can get. If there was something more serious, they would have seen it, right? I am only basing my information off the internet, they are trained professional. I should trust the doctors, right? Ugh.

Trevstan
12-08-11, 17:10
Yeah you should trust doctor's, but we are all in the same boat "what if"...

Google is a terrible place to be i try not to use that anymore it drive's me crazy.

pablo22
12-08-11, 18:14
if you can't trust the doctors, who can you trust?

Davinci817
12-08-11, 23:22
I was told during my bout with possible girly issues that either of the ultrasounds will work. It was explained to me that if you did not have enough liquid in your belly that things didn't show up as well as the vaginal US. The tech would be trained to know if they were not seeing what they needed to and likely would have switched over if they felt it was necessary.