PDA

View Full Version : anyone who has had an ett

daisydoo
12-08-11, 18:03
Hi. Had this today soo nervous bp 200 before. They had to wait for it to go down a bit. Did ten mins and they Said that was ok. Felt shaky and horrible. Palps which come from right outflow tract went but came back in cool down. Didnt tell me anything but could hear her talking to a student. Said flat t wave that could be hypertensiuon or ideopathic. Also was talking about one lead that showed something and if they were looking for ischemea they would stopp the test. How do they know i havent got it?? Got to wait for echo now and and then results of these and bp monitor. Would they let me leave if not ok??? She said consultant would be in touch if there was something wrong. Still feel wierd but worriedd thought i would feel better after. I do in a way thats its over but wanted it to be normal

daisydoo
13-08-11, 07:24
Anyone???? Probably not made myself clear. What i really wanted to know. What did it show? Do they know if you havent got ischemea? Is ten mins ok? Asked me to do an extra minute to get to target rate. Stayed about five mins for cool down they saw a couple of ectopics but presume rate rate etc were coming back to normal. When i got home heart was still racing a bit about 90 but bp was under 140.tried to go shopping straight after but dont know if it was heart related or panic but felt very dizzy and had to come home. Shame as had picked up some bargins!!! Gosh i go on any help appreciated

pb
13-08-11, 07:34
Sorry i dont know anything about the heart and ecgs, but i know how anxiety can make everything seem out of control.Take care, maybe go back to see your gp x

daisydoo
13-08-11, 08:11
Thanks for replying. It does take over. 18months ago i never gave my own health a thought. How times change! Always worried about others but after been really poorly and family told not to leave the hospital it made me realise i am not invicable but instead of been grateful i am here and enjoying life i am an anxious mess with many many symptoms. Heart is probably the most hsrd to except especiallynow the consultansaid its not anxiety related but i still think the worst

Mirabelle
13-08-11, 08:28
Daisy
They would not let you leave if there was a problem with your heart. When talking to a student the Dr will mention lots of things that don't apply to you. You must stop taking your BP and accept that you are well. If there was something wrong it would have shown itself after 18 months. Use the energy you spend on checking and worrying on faceing your anxiety and dealing with it. I know this is so hard as to seem impossible. I have been where you are and know just how it is. I have HA around my heart after having a minor problem 2years ago. You can move forward from this. You are in control of this. You decide how you react to what happens to you.
xx