PDA

View Full Version : I did it!!!!!

beverley
07-04-04, 08:15
Morning Everyone

hope you are all ok?

I always seem to get nervous when I know I have got to leave the house. I know a lot of us do it doesn't make it any easy does it?
I tend to keep myself busy most of the time but I can't shake these feelings and takes not good for me[V]

In an early post last week I told you all about the feelings I had when walking down a long road along the high street how I found it hard to do well this morning bright and early I went down that road to get my tv magazine and came out of the shop and I didn't differ I just came back the same way without giving to a second thought and when I got to the corner I said to myself I DID IT, YES. ( Looking around first).

And I wasn't shaking or anything when I got to the front door well that a lie sort of I was shivering but that's from the cold it's a bit nippy here this morning I forgot to put on my gloves so that doesn't count does it!!!

After reading the panic booklet it helping me to see things in a whole new light.

It says for the numbness or tingling in fingers or lips- is blood be diverted to muscles. I see it now as my own personal inbuilt body massager this way I am not worrying over it. I know it will probably sound silly but this way it one less thing playing on my mind.

Sorry for babbling on again

Beverley
xxx

red
07-04-04, 08:23
Hi Beverley
Excellent!!!! I am really pleased for you, well done!

Yes, there is a lot going on when we feal fear, irrational or otherwise - like the tingling / numbness in fingers or lips etc. Just our body doing it's job and reacting to what we percieve as fear, as you quite rightly said. Nothing you say will ever be seen as silly on here because most of us have experienced it and those that haven't can well imagine it as nothing seems impossible!!!!

Keep at it Beverleym- you just got your first stripes and no matter what happens - you will always have them!!

Take care

Red
x

sarah
07-04-04, 09:56
Hiya Beverly

Great news!!!
I bet you feel really pleased with yourself.
Keep practicing and in time it wont be such an issue, now youve alway got the 'ive done it before I can do it again' to egg you on!!

love Sarah
xx

beverley
08-04-04, 10:32
Hi Sarah & Red:D

Hope you are having a good morning?

Thanks for your kind words of encourgement it means a lot to me.

Beverley
xx

nomorepanic
08-04-04, 18:36
Beverley

Well done to you - I can just picture you shouting out that you made it.

Please try again and again and keep posting here to let us know how it goes.

It feels good doesn't it?

Nicola

lilac kitten
09-04-04, 22:05
Beverley,

How good must you feel - well done! I totally know that feeling. I ventured to Tesco today, but not in my village I travelled to one in a neighbouring village as its bigger. I took both kids and remained calm (well as calm as you can with a five year old demanding everything :-)) And got back OK - that means I did the drive without getting nervous also.

I've done these trips so many times with no trouble, so I know that I can do it. I've also stopped stressing when I can't. I used to push myself all the time even when I had a migrane and felt I should carry on regardless (well you do when you're a parent don't you?). Now I just chill and if I don't feel 100% then I don't do it simple.

I'm actually feeling really good today, we (me and the kids) have spent all day outside - them playing football and me tidying up and cleaning the car - I think the fresh air has done us all good instead of being cooped up indoors watching telly.

Anyway, you keep it up you're doing well.

Have a good easter,
Ruth
x

beverley
11-04-04, 14:47
Hello Everyone

Hope you are having a lovely Easter.

Yesterday I finally went into the shopping centre to get some easter cards for the kids next door I was a little nervous I can tell you. I felt strange I haven't be up there for a little while. I had some Rescue Remedy before I went out to help ease my nerves.

My breathing got a little hard and my legs were shaking I just kept thinking about the posting that Red sent in last week "Mother Theresa wrote..." the lines I kept in my head were:-

If you feel afraid to go out on your own
Go anyway

Fears can be hard to face
Face them anyway

Life can seem an uphill struggle
Climb the hill anyway

When the simple task of moving just seems too much
Move anyway

Some people may think that the simplest of tasks are easy and nothing to be proud of
Be proud of yourself anyway

I kept saying in my mind I am facing my fears and I just carried on walking got to the shop had a look round I try and make myself stay a little while, paid for my cards then I went to woolworths to get a cd for my brother. Then I thought I need some new slippers went to 2 different shops couldn't find my size then I tried the indoor market that was a really test I usually don't like going in there but I did they didn't have any slippers but I did come back with a ball of black dk wool to knit dad some gloves!! then I had look round for a teapot got to get a new one sooner or later we keep droping the lid don't know how many more bashings it will take!! I started to feel a bit funny coming out of the market luckly a bloke was playing some Beatles music and I just started to sing along with it I went easy.

On the way home I went into the bank to pay a bill then came home.

Thanks to Red for that posting. It really made a difference as did the leaflet about panic I have be reading they have really helped:)

I was afraid to go out I was alway scared the these panic attacks would harm me. I now know that they are harmless reguardless of what my body is telling me.

I faced my fears first getting past the bank and going walking towards the town centre it's only about 5-10 minutes from the bank then breaking down the fears one by one going into each of these shops

I am chuffed with myself that I did it. This is another step in the right direction.

I am looking forward to my next outing.

Take Care

Beverley
xx