PDA

View Full Version : constant migraines with aura

ann01
13-08-11, 20:16
Hi everyone, I am really freaking out with my migraines at the moment, I have had 4 this week with aura, I am a migraine sufferer but I seem to be getting more and more, I have cut out known triggers such as cheese, chocolate and caffeine but I am still getting them regularly. I saw a neurologist a while back who said I have migraine associated vertigo and put me on 10mg Amitriptaline which I still take. Does anyone else have regular migraines with aura in such a short period of time, I am quite freaked out as when I had an MRI scan it showed I had a small hole in my brain which the neurologist thinks was either a mini stroke or caused by a migraine. so scared right now, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading
Ann

maz55
14-08-11, 15:27
Hi Ann, I sympathise, I too went through this, though would mostly get just the visual aura, but sometimes daily, went to Doc, and she put me on Amitriptyline 10mg, and 20mg propranolol twice a day, still on that dose, since then not had a migraine, but doc did say that for some reason, migraines can come in clusters, in your 30's 50's & 70's, this is not based on any research but something he has observed over years of practice, and as a felolow migraine sufferer. As to the hole in the brain, friend also had this, doc said the same, she had to make small adejustments to her diet, (she is very overweight) stop smoking, and get more exercise, and 10 yrs on she is still here. If you are really worried ple4ase talk to your doctor, and tell him why you are so worried,keep calm, and hoping this resolves itself soon

ann01
15-08-11, 07:19
Thank you for your reply Maz, I helps just knowing I'm not the only one with this. I had another migraine with aura yesturday and I'm so weak and tired today, I have to go to work to. I go to see my balance physio on Wednesday so I'm going to have a word with her as she works very closley with the consultant who made the diagnosis.
Thanks again Ann

paula lynne
15-08-11, 10:02
Hi Ann, I get several migraines before a period. Ive used Migraleve for years (since age of 12), but they really knock me out and I felt groggy for days. For the past year, Ive switched to Neurofen Migraine, and I must say its been fantastic if taken as soon as you can feel it coming on. I dont feel groggy and can carry on with my day as normal instead of going to bed with the curtans shut and sleeping half the day. Hope you feel better soon Ann.
Paula x:)

Anxious_gal
15-08-11, 10:16
It's normal to have marks on your brain if you get migraines, again a migraine is NOT a headache.
I'm terrified of mIgraines, the make me so Ill and confused.
I used to take feverfew it's a herb, it did seem to help prevent the migraines.
Boots sell it but it's called migrafew I think.

ann01
15-08-11, 17:45
thank you for the advice Paula-Lynne and Mishel, I usually only get them at the time of the month, but this month my migraine has been constant. I will give both the products a try, thanks again
Ann