PDA

View Full Version : Just need a bit of reassurance

mum83
13-08-11, 20:36
I'm currently trying very hard not to go into panic mode. It just came on all of a sudden. I was worrying about drinking tonight but decided I'm not going to....then I started worrying about the blood test I had done recently. Hormones ok, blood sugar ok but the "chemistry" blood test came back "borderline" whatever that means and I looked it up online and it could mean any number of things (for instance not drinking enough water as it was a fasting test.) And then I'm thinking now that my GP has ruled out any physical reasons why I'm having panic attacks, it's ME DOING IT. And that's scary. I bet a lot of you on here have that feeling once other things have been ruled out. I'm doing this to myself and it's a scary feeling. Thinking you could make yourself MAD. Oh it's awful. Thinking I'll most likely be living with this anxiety demon forever. Meds help but how long before one poops out and you're onto the next one with side effects into the bargain. I'm doing pretty good on my Mirtazapine 7,5 nightly, but I'm just having a rough night. Just want to talk and hopefully get this feeling out of my system................

paulhem
14-08-11, 08:03
It will pass - you know it will.

Just talk to "it" - tell it to hurry up as you want to relax tonight.

Its like a bully - stand up to it.

Keep reading the forum and advice pages here and you will see so many with same problems and giving excellent advice and help.

Mirabelle
14-08-11, 09:05
Yes, the good news is that it IS you doing it. This means that you can stop it too. With practice and support you CAN beat this and be stronger for it.

perseverence
14-08-11, 10:21
Hi I know what you mean,I know it is my thinking and to be honest there is only me that can do this,this time last year I was fine,this year its a struggle,I am thinking to myself surely I cannot believe that these sensations are caused by me,who would want to feel like this every day,certainly not me.Take care .

mum83
14-08-11, 11:39
Hi guys. I desperately want some counselling and CBT. (I have read a book on CBT but I want a one to one approach with a counsellor) I am waiting for the counsellor from my GP's office to phone me. Think I'll call again on Monday.

cathycrumble
14-08-11, 11:53
Hi there
There is a good book you could get I have just bought it called Essential help for your nerves by dr claire weekes. She's also got another called self help for your nerves. These my help you.

Cathy xx