PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone take propananol with fluoxetine

kinnygirl1
13-08-11, 22:43
Hello

Does anyone take both propananol and fluoxetine? I have been on fluoxetine for a month now, still having good days and bad. Bad days are caused by heart symptons, racing heart etc. My doctor suggested that I could take propananol as well to control this a bit. Scares me a bit to think of taking so much medication so just wondered if anyone else has any experience of this? If so can you tell me what times and things you take them and whether they affect your sleep. My heart symptons are keeping me awake at night at the mo.

Thanks all

Kinnygirl x

JaneC
14-08-11, 01:07
I've taken both together with no probs although I'm pretty much off the prop now. I don't believe it affected my sleep. As for when you take it and how much you take - that's a question for your doc. I used to take 10mg 3x a day spaced out in the morning, the middle of the day and around teatime. That's a low dose but anything higher made me dizzy x

kinnygirl1
14-08-11, 12:14
Thanks for replying. That is very helpful. I only have the 40mg tablets so may just try taking half a tablet and see how I go on.

Did you find that taking the two together did alleviate some of your symptons?

Thanks

JaneC
14-08-11, 12:40
Did you find that taking the two together did alleviate some of your symptons?

Thanks

Yes, absolutely, I think the prop worked on some things fluoxetine didn't. Hard to describe but one of them was a sort of rising anxious tightness in my chest. I remember definitely knowing when it was time to take my teatime dose at work. Good luck! x