PDA

View Full Version : Missing My Son

HarvestMoon
13-08-11, 23:57
I saw my son today. He's nine. Haven't seen him for a while and don't see him as often as I'd like. I sure do miss him. He's growing up and I don't have much input in his life. Kinda makes me feel like a failure for not being around. He seems happy but I just feel a bit empty...sorry, just wanted to express this. I love him to bits...

looking4answers
14-08-11, 00:02
Im sorry ,so sorry for you. I have children that are grown now that It would have affected me terribly to be away from but now they are grown and in someways I feel as you do.I see them on facebook and thats about it,living their lives and me missing them.I truly feel for you and hope you ae feeling better soon.Michael:hugs:

suzy-sue
14-08-11, 00:32
Im sorry you are feeling sad ..:hugs:It must be terrible for you .You sound like a very caring Dad and im sure your son loves you .Perhaps things will change in the future, and you will spend more time with him .You say he is happy ..that is the main thing for now .Im sure he knows you love him to bits .Kids sense that ..Being constant in his life ,no matter how long in between, will make a difference to him .So many children dont have even that .Hope you feel better in yourself soon .Take care Of yourself luv Sue :hugs:x

macc noodle
14-08-11, 01:11
Hey there - don't be hard on yourself - things happen that makes our lives take different turnings to those that we expected.

Your son clearly has a caring dad who loves him so much. He will know this and it will carry him through life - to be loved is one of life's greatest gifts.

If you feel that you don't seem him as often as you would like and feel that he maybe missing out - why not send him notes or texts just to let him know that you are thinking of him and looking forward to the next time you see him?

Take care Harvest Moon.

Macc Noodle

xxxx

Magic
14-08-11, 19:33
Harvest Moon,
You will never be a failure to your son. He loves you,and you love him.It will always be so.
Don't worry. Take Care:hugs:

HarvestMoon
15-08-11, 00:45
Wow, thank you for your kind thoughts. It really means a lot to me. I feel very lonely most of the time and one of my good times is when I get to see my son but then of course I always feel bad when we part. He does seem happy but I just wish we could hang out together a bit more and I sense that he would like that too. Suzy-Sue said that things may change and, yes, perhaps they will. I look forward to that. Thank you all again.

Take care.