PDA

View Full Version : In pain and so worried and so tired

nikita
14-08-11, 07:51
I have had pain in my bladder for 6 days now. The doctor said that no infection showed up in my urine specimen. I feel like I have a full bladder all the time which is so so uncomfortable and really getting me down. The doc put me on antibiotics on wed but they havnt eased the pain at all. The only ease I got was last night when i was out with a friend and had few glasses of wine and didnt feel the pain then. woke up this morning very early due to outside noise and although really tired I cant sleep with the pain. Have taken panadol and a xanax to put me to sleep but no luck so far. i am so worried as I googled my symptoms a few days ago and it said that bladder pain and feeling of fullness in bladder is a symptom of ovarian cancer or bladder cancer. Now I am worried sick. Has anyone else had this? I am 40, with no other symptoms and not sexually active.

maz55
14-08-11, 15:17
Hi, firstly please stop googling, cos peeps such as we will always jump to the worst possible case senario. The only way to have some peace of mind is to see your doctor, can I ask how old you are, as this sometimes happens as we get older. Stay calm, and try to relax, and not focus on the sensation.
Hoping you find some peace

countrygirl
14-08-11, 15:48
My friend had this and she was literally going to the loo every 10 mins as if she was bursting but hardly anthing and the sensation didn't go away. She also was tested for infection and was fine so she was sent to urology clinic and they looked in her bladder with a camera and everything was fine and she was diagnosed with a hyperactive bladder, the nerves to the bladder become over sensitive and make you feel like you are bursting all the time. She was given some tablets that she has to take for life and she has been on the for past 4 years and is fine as long as she takes the tablets. She was in early 50's when it started.

So go back to your GP and ask to be sent to a clinic if he does not suggest it just to put your mind at rest and if it is irritable nerves then its simple to do somehting about it.

nikita
14-08-11, 19:54
Thank you very much for your reply. The pain isnt bad today and don't feel the need to run to the loo all day either. Hopefully the antibiotics are working then. Isnt it ridiculous the way we assume every symptom means cancer.