PDA

View Full Version : Woke up with stabbing pains in my bladder...painful urinating

CorneliusRuperTravis
14-08-11, 16:56
Hey guys, I just wonder if anybody has experienced anything like this before, right out of the blue. Sorry if this one is a bit...graphic. I've tried to put it as "politely" as possible :D

After a few hours of sleep, I woke up very suddenly last night at about 3am, experiencing really painful stabbing pains in my groin/bladder area, and with the sudden urge to urinate. It seemed to hurt more getting out of bed for some reason, like I was putting pressure on it?

Anyway, I had to literally run to the bathroom to urinate, and when doing so the pain seemed to spread down to the rest of my groin, and well...basically into my penis (lol, luckily my testicles were fine, no pain there).

I was a bit shaken up, and kept shivering for no reason, although I usually get like this when I've been woken up suddenly. I went back to bed, but had to get up again a few minutes later, because my bowels was making gurgly noises, so I tried to empty them. It wasn't exactly painful doing that, but I did feel a bit queasy...

I've been to the toilet 3 or 4 times today and it hasn't happened since. Painless, clear urine...I just wondering if my bladder had gotten "too full" in the night, and hence why it woke me up with the pain? I've never had that before.

Anybody got any thoughts? Thanks guys :whistles:

countrygirl
14-08-11, 21:00
In answer to your question about having an over full bladder I am sure you can answer this yourself, did you pass large volume of urine when you woke up??? If you did then that could be the reason.

You say you are passing completely clear urine today is that because you have been drinking large amount of fluid today??? Urine is usually at least straw coloured and completely clear urine if you have not drunk alot of fluids needs further investigations so if this is not usual for you then maybe with the two symptoms you might want to mention it to your Dr. I am not trying to worry you as clear urine may be normal for you.

bluetopazgirl
14-08-11, 21:04
It sounds like it was a full bladder to me.. im a lady so cant completley sympathise with you but :winks: i have had a couple of times rushed to the loo, went and the pain has gone! but for piece of mind if it happens again or your concerned you may have a infection see your gp x

CorneliusRuperTravis
14-08-11, 21:22
In answer to your question about having an over full bladder I am sure you can answer this yourself, did you pass large volume of urine when you woke up??? If you did then that could be the reason.

You say you are passing completely clear urine today is that because you have been drinking large amount of fluid today??? Urine is usually at least straw coloured and completely clear urine if you have not drunk alot of fluids needs further investigations so if this is not usual for you then maybe with the two symptoms you might want to mention it to your Dr. I am not trying to worry you as clear urine may be normal for you.

Countrygirl:

Yes, I would say it was a large amount passed. And the pain ceased almost as soon as I finished. My urine is almost always clear (except the very first one the day which is usually more yellow, which is understandable as it's been sitting there all night). I drink quite a bit throughout the day, nothing extreme though. Just a glass every couple of hours or so. Not that I get thirsty easily or anything but I like to stay hydrated. I probably have to urinate about...4 or 5 times a day. I dunno if this is considered high or not. But my urine has always been almost completely clear, for as long as I remember, so I think it must just be normal for me.

novemberangel86, if it happens again anytime soon, I'll have a word with my GP. Better to make sure, just in case.

Thank you both for the reassurance :)

relika
14-08-11, 21:42
I have this pain sometimes too, mostly at night/early morning. It happens mostly when I went out and drank more beverages than usual. I think it's when, before you go to sleep, you pee and the bladder isn't completely empty yet. A couple of hours later when waking up to use the bathroom, the pain can be excruciating until you've passed urine. It sounds like the same pain to me (except I'm female). I don't think it's anything serious, just a way of your body saying that you've got a full bladder for too long.