PDA

View Full Version : Morrisons chicken chunks

miss_moose
14-08-11, 17:53
I'm just about to have my dinner, it's being cooked by my partner. Were having chicken, it's in a plastic tub that you keep in the fridge (and it's white chunks of chicken).

He says it's ok to eat cold and you can have it in sandwichs, and I had some as he was putting in the over tray. But on the packet it says "Serve Piping Hot", and does NOT ay "ready to eat" like the Asda ones do (although they do look the same as te Asda ones, same colour and texture).

Why would it say "Serve piping hot" if you can eat it cold, and with it not saying "ready to eat", i'm worrying.

Any reassurance?

honeyp1e
14-08-11, 18:05
if its the black plastic tray and sometimes a white plastic tray i have had these from morrisons my bf eats these all the time @ work well i eat them cold in a wrap/sandwich etc and have always been ok x x

are you emetophobic or just worrying anyway x x

snowgoose
14-08-11, 18:07
Hi Miss Moose :)

you will be fine honestly ......the warnings are for heating chicken up . you need to make sure it is piping hot because germs breed in lukewarm conditions .
your chicken has come from chiller aisle at super market to your fridge ...no worry at all about eating it cold . hope you ok xx

miss_moose
14-08-11, 18:25
if its the black plastic tray and sometimes a white plastic tray

Yes it's the black tub, with the clear celophane cover on top.
And yes i'm emetophobic. I've only started eating hot Meals this year after 10 years of just sticking to toast and sandwiches, so i get really worried about eating new things, especially meat.

Thank you both for your replies...it was yummy by the way!:yesyes: