PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain

Trevstan
14-08-11, 22:11
I have pain on the lower left side of my chest/rib's it only hurts when i stand or move about and i havn't done anything strenous to do it as it's only come on in the last few hour's, also my hand feel's tingly.

Bit worried what could it be?

So close to ringing an ambulance but i don't want to.

looking4answers
14-08-11, 22:22
It sounds like tension steching your musclesor perhaps someway you have sat for a bit.Im having psin in my left arm and in my chest right now but im pretty sure its tension and anxiety as yours probally is but im not a Dr so I dont know but I would bet anxiety.Hope you feel better soon.

LucyLiz
14-08-11, 22:25
I get chest pain every day. If it's worse when you move then it's unlikely to be cardiac related. I get it in my left arm and jaw. Worse at night when I sit down to rest, or perhaps because I'm free from distraction. Heart related pain is normally located in the centre if chest also. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Trevstan
14-08-11, 22:31
If it was heart related it would hurt all the time no matter what?

macc noodle
14-08-11, 22:32
Trevstan

Would guess it is tension - you have been very worried about your bowels and you have probably been holding yourself strangely.

But, if you have any worries at all you should of course get it checked out :)

Take care

Macc Noodle

LucyLiz
14-08-11, 22:43
Agree with mn. Perhaps seek advice from Nhs direct if you're concerned? Although if it hurts only on movement I'd say it's almost certainly muscular.

Trevstan
14-08-11, 23:52
Trying to ride it out but it's pretty painful, i noticed it when i stood up after being sta down had the pain since about 6? so about 6 hour's now.

Problem is if i go to A+E i can't get back home one of the reason's i have not gone.

Anxious_gal
15-08-11, 03:10
Try putting heat on it.
I have chest pain now in the centre of my chest , but it's not like a really bad pain where I'm struggling to Breath and breaking out in sweat.
If it only hurts when you move then it can't be your heart : )

Trevstan
17-08-11, 01:52
Well woke up this morning and was in pain again thought hell to it and went to A+E... Bloodwork done,ECG done and Chest Xray Done everything came back fine outcome i was told muscular pain.

Stupid thing is i held off for 2 day's only to find out what everyone had told me it was most likely, i was worried incase it was anything to do with the colonoscopy i had done to so that was running through my mind.

I am at ease now because i know everything is fine, but i seriously need to stop doing this to myself as they will be another time i am like this i am just going to have to tell myself no unless i am really bad.