PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety has resurfaced

PinkGlitterx
15-08-11, 00:07
Hi,

I haven't been here in awhile because my anxiety was nonexistent for the past 4 months. It seems to be resurfacing yet again but it manifests as something different every time. Previously, I had anxiety over regret, health, and school work. I just really need someone to talk to right now.

My current issue is with my boyfriend, who I love with all of my heart despite the fact that we've only been dating for a few months. A few days ago, I started questioning if he was right for me out of no where when normally, I obsess over him. It feels as though I have lost all feelings for him currently and I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt and sadness. I know I love him, I just don't know what is wrong with me. The feelings are there, I just don't know where they went or why. My boyfriend is not the most perfect person in the world but I love him regardless. He is perfect for me. He makes me laugh like no other, he has an amazing personality, very good looking, very caring, treats me right, and he makes me feel safe. I feel like he completes me and understands me. I want to be with him. I know that I love him because I don't know what I would do without him. So why am I feeling like this and how do i make it stop? I thought I knew how to cope with my anxiety. Am I too afraid to love? Has anyone else experienced this with GAD? Where did those butterflies go that I felt just 2 weeks ago? I know that if I were to breakup with him, it would be a mistake that I'd immediately regret.

I should mention that every August, before college starts up, my mentality gets very weird and anxious. Maybe it's knowing that school is coming up that is doing this to me?

Please help! :unsure:

paula lynne
15-08-11, 09:57
Hi there.x
I think opening ourselves up to love also opens up the possiblity of getting hurt doesnt it. He sounds wonderful, go with the flow. Try re-reading the info in the left hand column about anxiety to refresh you, it can help you understand why you feel the way you do and reassure you this too shall pass.....x
Paula x:)

PinkGlitterx
15-08-11, 23:49
Hi Paula! Thanks for the reply.
I'm trying to go with the flow but it gets difficult. He was always on my mind before this anxiety came back and now that it's back, he's still on my mind only its a bit negative now. I know these thoughts are irrational but my anxiety is telling me otherwise. I used to cope with this by just stopping the thought where it was, thinking positively, and thinking about the good things coming up in the future. This isnt working now either. I know this will pass, it's just a matter of when and how at this point.