PDA

View Full Version : feels like a lump in throat ?

HazG
15-08-11, 08:34
The last couple of weeks i feel like i have a lump in my throat i am getting heartburn too every time i eat and when i bend over OMG! i have taken zantac which does ease it but its back again next day.

I can feel my brain going into overload here just when i thought i was coming out the otherside :)

Carys
15-08-11, 18:09
Stress and anxiety can play havoc with the digestion of your food. I've had several periods in my life where even drinking a cup of coffee sets off indigestion. This has sometimes gone on for weeks, all set off by one bad day of anxiety. I recognise what you are feeling and the 'lump in the throat' when I get it has been accompanied by burping a sicky sort of stuff. (sorry that is grim, don't know how to describe it) For me eating high fat foods and large meals sets off indigestion too. I'm sure it will go, but if this is entirely out of character for you to have this symptom and it gets worse then always best to get it checked out. However, DON'T look for the most rare, unlikely cause possible when turning things over in your head, look for the obvious and most likely LOL

nomorepanic
15-08-11, 18:55
Hi

We have a whole forum dedicated to this so I will move this post there and you can have a read of the posts in that forum too.