PDA

View Full Version : Twitching/pulsating left eye..getting me down.

debs71
15-08-11, 11:37
Hi Friends,

I am not one for health anxiety really, but I am quite worried about my left lower eyelid which has been pulsating constantly for a week now.

I have had these funny eye twitches on occasion which have just gone after a day or two, but this one appears different. It twitches and jumps all day long, without rest, and is really getting me down now.:weep:

I have been doing well anxiety wise, am not feeling stressed. I am going away on the 27th to visit my friend and her daughter in Spain, and I am beginning to worry this twitch will still be with me.

I had my eyes tested on Friday. The only change was that my right eye is slightly worse than before. I wear glasses for watching tv and computer work.

I am going to see the doctor this afternoon for an opinion, but am not feeling too positive as I think I'll get the brush off of 'stress, lack of sleep, etc, etc'

It is frustrating me beyond belief now and I don't know what to do really.

Sorry for the moan.

Any opinions would be great.xxxx:weep:

paula lynne
15-08-11, 13:04
Hi hun, first off, you lucky devil going to Spain. have a fab time! :DYou deserve a holiday.x
I get the twitchy eye thing occasionally, drives you mad doesnt it?! Its probably much less noticable than you think. Cant offer much advice regarding the cause, but rest assured, it will pass. Let me know what the doc says love x

baileys
15-08-11, 13:23
Bloody annoying that twitchy eye thing.
Im on the second week with one. Its not constant now but it was for a few days.
I find it happen more when im depressed and tired rather than anxious. It will go though, it always does in the end.
Ive heard that they use botox in some cases so heres hoping i get it in the other eye too.:scared15:

suzy-sue
15-08-11, 13:34
You have my sympathy Debs ,I had a twitchy eye for 3months ,which drove me nuts ,I was convinced everyone could see it .Dr said it was Stress and tbh I think it was .We dont sleep well when wer,e stressed so that doesnt help .My Dr gave me a low dose of Baclofen ,It cant be taken with some meds but it did work .Hope you come back from your holiday feeling better and relaxed .Enjoy and make the most of it you deserve a nice time .T/c Luv Sue x

debs71
15-08-11, 15:53
Thank you all so much for your replies.:bighug1::bighug1:

I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Sometimes I feel just when I am on the up along comes something else. Oh well.

Sue you poor thing! 3 months!! Oh blimey, I hope mine doesn't last too long.:flowers:

Will certainly let u know what happens with the doc Paula hun.

Thanks everyone again.xxxx:hugs:

debs71
19-08-11, 10:59
You have my sympathy Debs ,I had a twitchy eye for 3months ,which drove me nuts ,I was convinced everyone could see it .Dr said it was Stress and tbh I think it was .We dont sleep well when wer,e stressed so that doesnt help .My Dr gave me a low dose of Baclofen ,It cant be taken with some meds but it did work

My GP referred me to Moorfields Eye Hospital A&E. Waited for 2 hours only to be told by a very nice doctor there that what I had was Myokymia - involuntary twitching of the eye muscle and an irritated facial nerve. I mentioned meds like baclofen and carbamazapine to help calm it at least but he said ' well I know some GP's do prescribe it, but to be honest it is a bit hit and miss' and wouldn't prescribe anything.

Today I have spent all morning crying. I am wondering if someone has it in for me upstairs. Over the years I have had ovarian cysts, breast cysts, peeling lips/cheilitis (which lasted 4 years), numerous urine infections and eczema to name a few. Just when I am getting back on my feet, off meds and starting an Open Uni course in October this now happens.

I am certain this will put me back on meds as I am stressing already.

I cannot believe this has started just before my holiday which I have looked forward to for months.

Life sucks.:weep: