PDA

View Full Version : I have stopped taking citalopram middle of June.

Alexella
15-08-11, 12:47
I did it cold turkey having accepted all the risks. I know it's not advised and I know it's not a good idea etc etc but I just wanted to take the plunge. Anyway 2 m down the line I am rid of all the horrible head buzzes, and the dizziness and weird dreams. My mood swings are calming down. I get days when the sun shines in on me and I feel wonderful and fewer days when the world is black and dreadful.

But the one thing I have noticed is that I am soooo tired. I have less energy than normal throughout the day and I fall asleep on the sofa during the evening more often than not and then sleep like the dead again when I am finally in bed. Is this a common symptom? I have honestly never felt quite like this before.

honeyp1e
15-08-11, 13:21
I did it cold turkey having accepted all the risks. I know it's not advised and I know it's not a good idea etc etc but I just wanted to take the plunge. Anyway 2 m down the line I am rid of all the horrible head buzzes, and the dizziness and weird dreams. My mood swings are calming down. I get days when the sun shines in on me and I feel wonderful and fewer days when the world is black and dreadful.

But the one thing I have noticed is that I am soooo tired. I have less energy than normal throughout the day and I fall asleep on the sofa during the evening more often than not and then sleep like the dead again when I am finally in bed. Is this a common symptom? I have honestly never felt quite like this before.

Last year i went cold turkey off citalopram and god did i feel awful my anxiety went sky high but the main thing was i was SO SO TIRED my doctor said it was all normal but i just couldn't keep my eyes open at all

Alexella
15-08-11, 21:27
Thanks. Can I ask how long the tiredness stayed with you?

honeyp1e
17-08-11, 11:04
i had it on & off for a good month and then somedays i would be wide awake all night and just couldnt sleep x