PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody

Troy
15-08-11, 13:05
My Name is TJ and I have been suffering with something for many years now although I do not with exactly what!
I am trying to accept it must be anxiety which is what the Dr diagnosed but sometimes I really do think there must be more to it. I do not worry about specific ilnesses so I do not feel I have this or that but I hate it when I do not feel 100% right. If I wake and have a headache it escalates to a sore neck and tense shoulders then my throat feels like the muscles are constricting it til I cannot breathe which makes me worry and then my heart starts racing etc.... The Dr gave me Propranolol last week but that has been a disaster, I read the leaflet and was scared to take them as I do not like the thought of anything interfering with my heart. I did take them only to find myself worrying that something would happen and eventually I stopped taking them because I did not like the fact all symptoms remained but my heart did not get faster as it normally would. I also found myself much more breatless with them. I am going back to the Dr tomorrow to try and get something else, I have been on Citalopram before for depression and had no side effects and I have seen that other people take them for anxiety so maybe this would be a better option.

I find it crazy that there is nothing wrong with me as these issues really affect my ability to function at 100%. It started from a panic attack 6 years ago and has been bad at times and better at others but these days it is nearly all the time. I wish we would just flick a switch and turn it off, I am an intelligent guy, I get the fact I am not dying and tell myself this during problems yet my body will not react and stop these problems. I have read many posts and know that this is the norm for so many and hope that together we can all take back our lives and free ourselves from these problems.

Thanks for reading

TJ

nomorepanic
15-08-11, 13:06
Hi Troy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

venusbluejeans
15-08-11, 13:08
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

M155anthr0p3
15-08-11, 13:09
HI TJ,

Welcome to the site!

Emily xxx