PDA

View Full Version : dizzy

ceecee
08-05-06, 19:55
hi all im a new member so sorry if i babble!!!!!im 32 and have had anxiety for 4 years.thank god ive found this site!!!today i had a real bad dizzy spell and its made my anxiety even worse!!!usually i do get dizzy but not a spell like this but im hoping that its cause i didnt eat all day!hoping for some reasurrance i suppose would love to hear from anyone cheers rachel

jackie
08-05-06, 20:25
hiya rachael, would love to here more about your story just when your ready.

there are very few here who do not get the delightful dizzy spells.lol

great craic this anxiety isnt it ( not )

youll feel less alone now i hope

jackie

Wenjoy
08-05-06, 20:38
Hi Rach
Would love to hear your story too- I get loads of dizzy hot spells when I panic that im about to pass out but never do - then my panic attacks start - you are among friends here so keep in touch with all of us. Wenjoy

ceecee
08-05-06, 22:11
thanks for your replies.i have the usual health anxiety i am obsessed about having a brian tumour!been to docs many times she does all the usual perscribes ssris.just when think your starting to get bk some control it comes back twice as bad.also been opticians many many times as the doc said if i did have anything they would pick it up.i just feel so frustrated!when youve got children its soooo hard to just carry on day to day things when your legs feel kike jelly take care all rachel

arethaire
08-05-06, 22:19
Hi Rachel

I too suffer with Health anxiety. If ever you would like to chat with someone on a one to one, please feel free to contact me.

Cath x

ceecee
08-05-06, 22:29
thanks cath im just really pleased to feel that im not the only one in the world who feels like this!do your haelth anxiety syptoms change or are you scared of the same illness all the time?im new to this so im sorry if i take to long typing back rachel

Humly
09-05-06, 09:46
Rachel

My health anxiety changes. I usually worry about one thing then move on to something else. Cancer terrifies me so I usually see my symptoms as the start of cancer somewhere or other in my body - any ache or pain, spot or lump just has to be the start of something sinister. And to top it all, on the rare occasions that I am not health obsessed, I worry about other silly things. Happy days!

Daisybun
10-05-06, 23:46
Hi Rachel
My health anxiety changes too - each time its something else - I won't list them in case you take them on board too! My biggest fear is cancer. My husband always says that when I'm through this one he wonders where it will go next. Hoping it won't do that this time though as I'm due to start some CBT to help. It is scary though. A counsellor friend of mine told me to write down what i thought i had and then logically look at it, when its in your head it is all consuming, when its on paper you can sometimes see it for what it really is. Another good tip was to keep a journal - note all the things you think ou have - note when you know you don't have them and use that as a record to help keep things in perspectives. I've read back over mine recently and realised how much precious time I had wasted. I am so determined to not be like that after this time. Go see your Gp and explain your fears and see if they can give you some help.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'