PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hi, I'm a newbie

Jude73
15-08-11, 16:31
Hi I'm Jude and a 37 year old Married Mum of two Kids, living in Tottington, Bury, Lancashire. I have suffered with Depression for most of my adult life, I also suffer from panic attacks and have had problems with Alcohol. I have had CBT therapy and am taking Atenolol tablets to help. Things have been a bit of a struggle again lately so I thought no! Am not letting this drag me down again!!! So went on the web and found this site. So Hello everyone hope we can help each other out and look forward to speaking with some like minded people.:welcome:

diane07
15-08-11, 16:33
Hi Jude73

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

GarryA
15-08-11, 16:35
Hi Jude - Welcome!

I only joined today, but already have found like minding people and have a feeling the knowledge gained will be invaluable.

I see you mentioned CBT - how did you find it? I have been reading a book called "cognitive behavioral therapy for dummies" and have found it really useful and made me understand (or at least try and understand) what my triggers are and how to overcome them.

Congratulations on not letting it drag you down - we can all be strong together :yesyes:

M155anthr0p3
15-08-11, 16:40
Welcome to the site Jude!

I agree with Gary, self help books are brilliant.
Self help for your nerves by Dr Claire Weekes - my bible!

Emily xxx

Jude73
15-08-11, 16:41
Hi Garry. My Doctor said it was the best way forward. had to wait over a year to see someone, but it was good to go to the sessions, they finished a year ago. Yes the reading material She gave me made me understand a little better why I was suffering. Hope the CBT for Dummies helps you along :)

venusbluejeans
15-08-11, 17:05
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Jude73
15-08-11, 17:14
Thanks everyone. Hope I can help you all along too :)

paula lynne
15-08-11, 17:28
Welcome along Jude, nice to have you with us! :welcome:
Paula x

debbsi
15-08-11, 18:53
Hi
I dont live too far away from you - I'm in Rossendale. Welcome to the site, I have found it very useful of the last few years. I too have had CBT in the past but had a bad time again a few months ago and start high intensity CBT tomorrow.

Deb x

Jude73
15-08-11, 21:11
Hi Deb, nice to meet you thanks for saying Hi. Hope all goes well for tomorrow let me know hoe it goes.

Jude.x

debbsi
16-08-11, 18:02
Hi Jude

It went really well, got to go back in 2 weeks. She really helped me put things into perspective, where I have had cbt in the past, I only went for a few sessions and didnt see it out. This time I am determined to make it work.
Seems we have a bit in common - similar age (but Im 39) and I also married with 2 children, I've had panic attacks in the past but manage them well now, I have also had depression but mainly post natal. Anxiety is my main problem.

Nice to meet you too xx

Jude73
18-08-11, 10:11
Hi Debs, So glad you had a good session. I found it really helped and my therapist was so lovely and understanding I went for about 4 months. I've just been struggling again with the panics I also suffer from anxiety. My depression started after the birth of my second child so about 15 years now. Hope the rest of your sessions go well. Take care. Jude x