PDA

View Full Version : feeling guilty after i eat :(

Em.ma
15-08-11, 17:49
everytime i eat i feel guilty after but i cant seem to stop.i really have ate masses over the last few days and i feel so unhappy and depressed. i want to stick to breakfast, dinner and eating fruit in between but i find it hard. im 9 stone but only 5 foot 2 . i used to be 8 stone and im really unhappy about it lol

Em.ma
15-08-11, 17:51
im a size 12 and im not fat fat but i have a bit of a belly and quite big thighs lol

katykaty
15-08-11, 20:13
I can totally relate to this! For years I've comfort ate but managed to suppress this urge lately, however binge eating has taken over! I can eat and eat and eat till I feel sick and still want to keep eating. Then once I'm stuffed I really regret eating at all and thinkg 'I'll not eat anything more today' but then end up having more.

I've often thought I have bullimic tendencies - binge eating, secretive eating and the feelings of guilt, but I've never made myself sick...too afraid of being sick for that to happen. Have dabbled with laxatives though :s I use my IBS as an excuse for taking them to make others not worry and to make myself feel less guilty.

imjustnotme
15-08-11, 20:22
I kinda have this too...if I am angry, upset I will just eat...it's like I think eating will make me feel better! I also think sometimes I eat because I am bored and I will eat tons and then feel really sick and guilty and fat for doing. I really don't have a good relationship with food...I will use it to cheer me up! For instance...I have been low all day and crying today so maybe later I will be bad and have a big mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, just to make myself feel better...but in the end I will still feel rubbish :(

Em.ma
15-08-11, 23:47
its nice to know its just not me x
i always think it will make me feel better and after i feel more crap than before lol.

Deepest Blue
15-08-11, 23:56
Hey ya Emma :hugs:

I'm totally relate to you and I've been in this battle for ages too :( I beat myself up ALOT about it because I know I shouldn't really eat convenient foods too often and although Ive only put on a little weight gain I'm not doing a great job controlling it before I really let it get out of hand. It also doesn't help that at work it seems to be somebody's birthday every day and I see the dreaded email go out saying 'cakes in the kitchen' which is the last thing I want to see :(

On a positive note I have been good since last Friday and I've gotta keep strong with it but I know if I get tempted and let myself down it will upset me so much, and the cycle continues.... Ahhhh!!!

Take care x

munkeyinblack
16-08-11, 08:34
i have this on an extreme level. Dr diagnosed me with OCED (obsessive compulsive eating disorder) but tis doesnt really help now that it has a name. Im way over my ideal weight for my height and it makes me feel rubbish but i cant stop . counselling hasnt made any headway yet but im hopeful.

tc munkey x