PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety 'Hangover' anyone get this.

Mirabelle
15-08-11, 21:19
I have had quite a stressful day, I had to visit the dentist for a filling. I was very anxious, the feeling of the numbness from the jab, the fear of freaking out in the waiting room. All the usual stuff. I got through it and all was well. I slept when I got home for an hour and then woke up worrying because the numbness was still there.
Now, six hours later I am still feeling the effects, palpitations, derealisation, dizziness. It's like a hangover from the anxiety.
Anyone else get this?

M155anthr0p3
15-08-11, 21:33
When I have a proper panic attack I feel the after effects for days.
Try not to worry you've had an eventful day...for which you should be proud of yourself by the way!!!! Xxx

snowgoose
15-08-11, 21:38
Mirabelle .....every time I do anything vaguely out of routine I get anxiety symptoms for ages after .
even having a friend round for coffee .........palps the lot ....and exhausted .
you are not alone .......guess we just have to keep going and recognise what it is and rest after . :hugs:

s11fyx
15-08-11, 21:51
Yep it's caused by adrenaline if you look up adrenal fatigue it will explain it all x

Mirabelle
15-08-11, 21:58
Thanx everyone. Feeling a bit better now
X

katykaty
15-08-11, 22:09
I get this too! After a period of anxiety or a panic attack I can be "hungover" for days after wards. Its an awful feeling and nothing but time makes it go away!

zygfried
15-08-11, 22:11
I've only been on this site for what feels like 5 mins and already I'm finding it helpful. I also feel like that after anything vaguely stressful (to me, that's quite a lot). Esp what Snowgoose reports - even the slightest anxiety provoking thing will leave me tired, start off the fluttering in my stomach, the palpitations, etc. And even when these anxious things are also quite good things, like meeting up with a friend for coffee. Now I know why my stressful job left me so exhausted all the time. Makes me feel as if my life should stay very 'small' - ie not try and do too much, to avoid the anxiety? Doesn't sound the most fulfilling answer.

M155anthr0p3
16-08-11, 13:20
No we must make ourselves do things we are scared of, in small steps, as this is how we get ourselves better! xxx