PDA

View Full Version : On way to doctor and terrified

nikita
16-08-11, 09:35
I have had a feeling of a full bladder for a week now and the urine sample last week was clear but I was given antibiotics just in case which havnt helped at all. Painkillers dont help either. I am absolutely terrified that its some kind of cancer, ovarian/bladder. I have no other symptoms though sometimes do have pelvic pain and pain at tops of legs. I only slept 4hrs last night as up all night worrying. I am 40 years old and not sexually active. Periods are normal. No pain urinating, just doing so constantly and always feeling that I have a full bladder. I told my friend this morning how I feel (I usually keep everything in and never say when something is bothering me). She is taking me to the doctor now and I am so so scared. I want the discomfort to stop but Im terrified of starting a series of tests and hospital visits etc as I feel this will be the beginning of the end, i.e. that I have cancer. I have 2 kids and am a single mum and nobody to carry the can if I am ill

rainbow
16-08-11, 10:05
hi nikita,

I really feel for you, i totally understand how you're feeling. I've been having bowel issues for a while now and i'm just so terrified. Like you i feel certain that i have cancer and don't want to have any tests.

I hope you get on ok at the doctors, please let me know how you get on.

Girl_Interrupted
16-08-11, 10:19
Hi there, this sounds like me 2 years ago! I had a similar problem, my bladder was going mental basically, always felt that I wanted to pee and the sensation that my bladder was always full, even when it wasnt!

I had to go for tests, and at the time I was a major worrier (still am to some degree ;) ) routine blood tests, urine culture, I had a pelvic scan. My doctor after given me antibiotics and all my tests can back clear told me that I probably had over-active bladder. A trip to the urologist confirmed this. I was given medication for it and it helped control it. To be honest I dont suffer from it as much now at all, apart from I cant drink tea!! That triggers it off, and off course when I get very anxious, that to aggravates it as well.

Easier said than done, but try not to worry to much and wait and see what ur doctor says and go from there.

Take care

nikita
16-08-11, 14:40
Thank you for your replies. The doctors didn't go great. He changed my antibiotics to ciprax (think thats the name). Said no infection in urine but there was a trace of blood. said that patients with cancer of bladder or ovaries usually arrive to him first with abdominal pain and bloating which I don't have. However he is concerned that painkillers and other antibiotics he gave me didn't work or give me any relief. Concerned that my bladder is so painful and that when I pee I don't get any relief. I have to go back on Monday for a smear, internal and bloods. He thinks it is a 'gynae thing'. Im sitting with hot water inbetween my legs, which are red from the heat of the hot water bottle all night, cranberry juice, nurofen and panadol and the antibiotic and the constant full bladder is not eased by anything. I am really worried, scared, depressed and exhausted from little sleep last night. :-(

Worried_Male
17-08-11, 01:52
Since i joined this site i have seen so many threads about bladder/urinating problems, i have had problems myself. Surely it has to do with anxiety?

countrygirl
17-08-11, 10:29
Hi Nikki, your not alone I am about to go for camera in bladder , partly to rule out bladder polyps as i have had blood in urine on test for 30 yrs and also because I am experiencing pain when urinating and heavy feeling down there all the time.

Dr might sugget a trip to a one stop urinary clinic which is where am going in 10 days.

nikita
18-08-11, 12:33
Thanks. I have very bad pressure today. Yesterday wasnt too bad but woke twice last night and had to take solpadeine and a xanax to go back to sleep and a hot water bottle. Working today, just on break at moment and pressure is driving me insane. Making me very irritable too which is not like me :-( This is day 3 of ciplox antibiotics and no relief so far. Dont even know why I take the solpadeine as it doesnt work. Just feel all the time the way everyone does when they are bursting to go to the loo, then they go and get relieved. I just feel like Im bursting to go all the time, go with normal amount, no pain or stinging, but dont have the relief afterwards. Ive had it now for 10 days and its really worrying me and making me depressed :-(

snowgoose
18-08-11, 12:51
Hi NIKKI,

Sorry to hear you are suffering this much ...........horrible sensation .
just wondering if the doc mentioned something called interstitial cystitis which can give same symptoms ......but no bacterial infection causing it .....inflammed urethra and painful bladder .
google it ,,,,,,,,,,it is safe to do so cos I have just checked :blush:........hope this helps .
I had similar many years ago and urodynamic tests etc .....it went away on its own and I never did find out why.
hope it clears for you soon .x