PDA

View Full Version : Changing over from income support to esa

kashameets
16-08-11, 13:58
Hi i suffer from agoraphobia, social phobia and general anxiety and have been on income support since i was 18 and i am now 36.......i have just been told i am starting the change over from income support to esa :unsure:
My mental health advocate rang the esa people and told them that i would be unable to attend a medical if they try to send me for one and she asked what i can be doing in the meantime and they said could i send in a up to date sick note:huh: as far as i am aware i am still classed as sick and i am getting income support until i send them the questionnaire they sent me which has to go back by the 27th of september and as i am not a new claimant i thought i did not have to send in sick notes until i get turned down for esa and have to appeal so i was wondering if anyone who was on income support and went through the esa change over also had to send in sick notes?
They asked for a up to date sick note but i have not needed to send in a sick note since i was 24 years old!!!!!!!
Is there anyone else going through the esa nightmare?:weep: