PDA

View Full Version : Help - persistant right side headache

thisgoesupto11
16-08-11, 16:24
Looking for some advice here. Ive had a continuous headache on the right side of my head for 7 days now. Its there when i wake up and there when i go to bed.

The right side feels sore, almost tender to the touch, it hurts when i press on it. Ive had no trauma to the head at all.

Ive been prescribed antibiotics as the doc thinks it may be sinusitis, anyone had anything similar?

M155anthr0p3
16-08-11, 16:35
Hi!

I've had it on the left side before..& on both sides at the same time.
They think it was tension headache & from clenching my jaw when I was anxious. It lasted a good few weeks until I relaxed.

Hope you feel better xxx

Jenny63
16-08-11, 16:38
Yes I get this all the time. Have had Anti-biotics but never really touched it.

It's stress causing mine, I know that now, got it really bad today

Hope it goes xx

thisgoesupto11
16-08-11, 16:43
Thanks for the quick replies!:)

Yeah you may be right with the stress, ive got a tooth guard that ive virtually eaten, so would make sense! I hope it goes soon, and yours Jenny.

M155anthr0p3
16-08-11, 16:48
A good way to relax your jaw is to put your tongue on the roof of your mouth (just don't do it while people are watching ha ha!!!)

xxx

thisgoesupto11
16-08-11, 18:43
Awesome idea doing it now!

ankietyjoe
16-08-11, 21:05
I had this a lot over the last month. I discovered I had a golf ball sized knot on the right side of the back of my neck and after my partner massaged it for a couple of nights the headache has now gone. I'd stress that the headache was pretty extreme as well, like a knife jammed behind my right eye, so muscle tension is a definite cause.

I'd also add that if you can get somebody to massage your neck and shoulders then drink as much water as you can take before and afterwards as the toxins released can make you extremely dizzy the next day....which I found out to my horror!! :wacko: