PDA

View Full Version : Off work again! What can i do?

thisgoesupto11
16-08-11, 16:38
HI folks,

All time low for me now. I am off work (self cert til docs friday). My workload at work was the final straw. I just cannot begin to face it. (i also have to present to people even more terrifying). I have a boss - whom, on the face of it is supportive, but micromanages me, giving me lots more things to do than is necessary. (ive talked to her about it to no avail).

Ive been off loads over the year and have never really got to grips with anxiety/depression, particularly health anxiety.

My poor suffering wife does her best to understand and tries to support, we have a little one to look after and so our relationship is at breaking point at the moment;arguments etc. Her folks live down the road and they think i need to be "getting on with it" and supporting my family. They are daily visitors to our house.

On top of all this i have nowhere to go for respite, no friends around in particular, apart from a couple of acquaintences.

Finally my mum, a sufferer of alzheimers, is going into a home fairly soon and im a little upset about that, we are not close, but shes still my mum.

Im currently suffering with chronic headaches and am trying to figure that out before i start on Prozac (which the doc suggested), i have a bad record with SSRIS so i dont know whether it will help. Something has too because i dont know what else to do.

Work havent mentioned warnings yet, but i know its in the offing, i cant afford to lose my job!:weep:

M155anthr0p3
16-08-11, 16:46
Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear things re very stressful for you at the moment - no wonder you are suffering from bad headaches.
It's probably a good move to have some time off work in my opinion. You need to put yourself first for a while in that respect.
Having a new baby is a stress in itself without any of the other issues...no wonder you feel so run down! I know all to well about people invading your house all the time - you need to put a stop to this now. Tell family/friends to call before they come or to only visit on certain days. This will put a stop to any impromptu visits.

I am on week 6 of Prozac now & I can tell you I am feeling much better.
All you can do is try these things, it may be worth a go to give your mind a "break" for a while.

If you ever need a chat...

Emily xxx

thisgoesupto11
16-08-11, 18:26
Thank you so much for your response, good to have someone who's been there listen. May pm you on the Prozac stuff. I have been roun the block on ssris - citalopram zoloft and escitalopram. As for the visits - it's only from the inlaws and that's a story in itself! They are part of my other halfs support network for our toddler ( he's nearly two and a smasher :). If I could get rid of the headaches and get onto Prozac properly I'm sure u could begin to get better, but I'm anxious ven to take it!

thisgoesupto11
16-08-11, 18:27
That was supposed to be "even" not ven - I'm not german!

HarvestMoon
16-08-11, 22:28
Sorry to hear that you are having a stressful time but it sounds as though you are doing something about it. As Emily said, put yourself first for a little while.

Good luck.

Now, if only I could take my own advice...