PDA

View Full Version : my story

a_boy
16-08-11, 21:22
hey peeps, here's my story... it happened around 8 years ago.

one day i was at work on shop floor when i suddenly felt i was going to faint my vision went very weird, squinting side to side so i headed through the back of the shop to get & get a seat. much to my releif i made it to a seat & held my head in my hands, i was sure i was on the verge of fainting.

after 10 mins or so i got up for a walk & some fresh air though i still felt very faint & dizzy. i also felt i was seeing differently too. hard to describe, things seemed kind of surreal, increased sensitivity to light.

i went to the doctors & was prescribed antibiotics due to suspected ear infection causing the dizziness. unfortunartely no change.

i stopped working & over the next few months had various tests which thankfully came back clear. however since the incident happened it's like some dynamic has changed & life has become something else, literally the way i see is different. i have had eye tests & been prescribed glasses due to muscle problems but the sense of surrealism is ever present.

over the past few years i've literally spent about 90% of my time in my room. lost a lot of my 20's. only over the last year or two have i managed to push myself into going away with family for vacations.

recently i started anti deps, at first citalopram which i came off after a few months & now starting venlafaxine...

well thats me :)

Vanilla Sky
16-08-11, 21:40
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

LucyLiz
16-08-11, 21:43
Hey, welcome to nmp! Sorry to hear about your experiences with the big A! I also feel that my twenties have been defined by the damn thing. Still, trying to be positive and will keep fighting until i've beaten this thing! Good luck with the meds, hope they make a positive difference for you. L x