PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy sickness

peter34uk
16-08-11, 22:28
Hi, just a question.

My wife is 9 weeks pregnant and has been feeling a bit queasy for a week or so.

But today she doesnt feel at all queasy.

Is this quite normal that some days you can feel queasy and some days perfectly fine??

We just a bit curious as we only 9 weeks in and hope the baby is fine etc..

Advice appreciated

nomorepanic
16-08-11, 23:13
I don't think you feel sick every day Peter. I think it comes and goes

diane07
16-08-11, 23:16
mine came and went, and as the time went on my morning sickness left me.

Has your wife got any of the mother and baby parenting magazines, i found them really helpful to hear of others experiences.

s11fyx
17-08-11, 09:25
mine came and went to does your wife use any baby forums? theres a fab one and lots of really helpful people on i would post the name but not sure if you can on here

peter34uk
17-08-11, 09:25
ah thanks gals.

We just so sensitive about the baby being okay after initially being told it was not possible to have one because of her low egg reserve.

The consultant said the other day it was a 'miracle' that we pregnant. Its only week 10 today so we ultra nervous until we get to that week 12 stage and the baby is okay!

Thank you. :hugs:

diane07
17-08-11, 09:54
Peter,

We have a sub forum here on nmp for women who are pregnant and anxious, your wife or yourself could ask questions on there and women who are pregnant could give their experiences too, it may be a comfort to your wife to actually talk to others in the same situation.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93

hope it helps xxx

macc noodle
17-08-11, 10:10
I remember my doc telling me that it was a good sign to be feeling sick on and off and not to worry :)

I was a late starter in the baby stakes - aged 34 - and was quite fretful until I joined a local NCT group who gave me wonderful support and did not mind one bit if I asked lots of questions.

Congrats to both of you :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

constantworrier418
17-08-11, 10:30
Congratulations! As said before, my sickness came and went and with my first it eased off a fair bit towards the 9/10 week stage

Liliana83
17-08-11, 14:55
I personally can't say due to never being pregnant..but just from being around my sister when she was..it's absolutely normal. Pregnant women have intensified feelings to smells and tastes. I remember my sister would complain if she smelled certain foods and perfumes..it would make her nauseous. Lol...completely normal. And congrats to you and your wife!

june2010mama
17-08-11, 22:03
firstly congrats to you and your wife
it all sounds normal to me :)
i didnt start having mourning sickness in my pregnancy untill i was 8 weeks but some people have it from day 1, it varies woman to woman, but mourning sickness is a good sign (depite it being very unpleasant) :)

xJust_Sarahx
20-08-11, 16:08
Hi
My sickness came and went type thing. i would have times where i was just sick all the time or the least thing made me feel queasy or actually be sick then all of a sudden it would just go.. then an odd time here and there id feel sickly. You dont always feel sick all the time. Everyone is different and all 3 of mine have been different :)