PDA

View Full Version : THIRSTY

pb
16-08-11, 22:46
For the past week or so i have been feeling very thirsty, i have tested my urine for glucose a few times and it has been negative.
Now starting to think i have diabetes.
I am also begining to think that maybe i need help with my anxiety, it just feels like one thing after another !

nomorepanic
16-08-11, 22:55
It could be diabetes but this is only one of the symptoms.

A simple blood test will tell you though.

Get your doc to refer you for some CBT or you could try Robin Hall's CBT programme that I promote on here and see if that helps.

Worried_Male
17-08-11, 02:02
When my anxiety gets bad i have constant dry mouth. Pretty sure it is a symptom of anxiety.

anthrokid
18-08-11, 04:10
Thirst can actually be a symptom of anxiety, because when we are anxious our bodies use up stored water, and we tend to pee a lot! Also, if you are taking any medications, these can cause dehydration as well. Just drink as much as you need to to feel good. It is recommended to drink from 1 litre to 2.5 litres per day, so drink away :) If you are really worried about diabetes, get your blood sugar tested. But I also had this fear last year when my anxiety was really high, and it just turned out that my body wanted more water. That was it :)